or Connect

Posts by Suddenly Newton

It's not ironic because he wasn't saying he would personally outlive "these people". You just took it to mean that.
 Heh, his argument amounts to "but don't you think that... ???" (which is basically proof by "I think it so, therefore it is.") There was another story about Old World, heritage watchmakers who are trying to carve out a profitable niche stuffing tiny fitness monitors into their mechanical time pieces. The idea itself strikes me as odd, like some steampunk tech from an alternate universe. Swiss gears circa 1843 sharing space with modern Chinese microchips and source code....
So I've seen the documentary of Steve Jobs discussed in the podcast. I was at the first screening at SXSW, and I was expecting it to be a good documentary. The director, Alex Gibney, made some terrific award-winning docs that I would recommend, and still do. His other bodies of work stand on their own merits.   Gibney makes documentaries that shed light on a not-well understood topic, like the mark-to-market accounting and shell company practices that lead to the demise...
IOW, another Blackberry, Palm Treo, Moto Q, Samsung Blackjack clone.Andy Rubin had no idea what Apple was about to unveil...
Xbox green.
We've found our new Ben Frost.
My watch lets me carry around music. It's equivalent to a 1GB iPod Shuffle, except with a touch screen, wireless sound to Bluetooth headphone or car stereos, wireless syncing, it has apps the Shuffle and Nano don't have, and it's water resistant. So The Watch is in fact a better mousetrap in exactly the same way!
Who puts the minimum level at 2 million watches sold per month? They expect Apple to sell at least 24 million watches in its first year?
Are you one of these theoretical "people with older hardware"? Or just another "will someone please think of the children people with older hardware???" rhetorical argument? (That is a serious question: are you really worried about the security in older Mac OS X versions because you can't upgrade, or are you just posting a hypothetical scenario for an easy win?)
When analysts play the lottery, they are also disappointed that entropy and randomness failed to live up to their predictions.