or Connect

Posts by Suddenly Newton

I'm still waiting for IDC's prediction that Windows Phone will overtake the iPhone by 2011 to come true.
TouchID hates one of my thumbs, and I had to reprogram one of my index fingers after it stopped accepting it completely. It works, but easily fails to read if my fingers are cold, moist, oily, too hot, or water-logged (like after a shower). So basically, there's a fifty-fifty chance I have to go through the "try again, try again, try again, fail" dance. Not spectacular.
(((Try again)))(((Try again)))(((Try again)))Enter your passcode:(7) (8) (9)(4) (5) (6)(1) (2) (3)Clear (0) Delete
It would be nice if the iPad could use its FaceTime camera to quickly identify the user after opening the smart cover and unlock if it recognizes the owner, falling back to TouchID if it can't or doesn't recognize the owner. iPhoto had a face recognition feature (RIP iPhoto).
To remove a plaintiff, swipe their name from right to left, then tap "Trash".To add a new plaintiff, tap the "+" button.
Or ignorance of the long-term and hidden cost of surrendering our privacy for "something free."Anyone interested should watch the documentary "Terms and Conditions May Apply"http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terms_and_Conditions_May_Apply
Cheap shots, Zuck. The "Apple tax" meme is weak sauce. If Apple was "out of touch" with its customers, they wouldn't have people lining up around the block to be first to buy their products. And yes, he dodged directly addressing the "you are the product" accusation.
They didn't disbar the Prenda lawyers, did they? Those guys were epic crooks, but somehow managed to stay one step ahead. They gamed the legal system good.http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenda_Law
Exactly. The plaintiff's lawyers are so excited by the prospect of a quick settlement from uncle moneybags (Apple, Inc) that they forgot to do due diligence on their own clients.
The 6 Plus' active optics stabilizer is pretty impressive. I have a similar feature on my old Canon camcorder: it makes it possible to zoom in and capture steady video without a tripod. On the 6 Plus the stabilizer makes low light photography possible without motion blur, compared to the 6.