or Connect

Posts by Suddenly Newton

Did OpenGL stop working in iOS 8? Or are you just climbing a hill called "it's only bad when Apple does it"? Console makers have offered coding directly-to-hardware for years. Oh but it's not bad when Sony does it, only when Apple does.
The other unreasonable demand from these clowns is that Apple stick to a thee year cycle of game-changing, industry-disruptive "new market" product releases that Google and Samsung and Microsoft are ready to copy, once Apple shows the way. And if Apple should miss this three year cycle of innovation, Tim Cook will be blamed, Apple shall be declared in decline, and comparison to Google's high-publicity X lab projects shall be invoked to "prove" that Apple's best days are...
Bad gramma? Sounds like the sequel to Bad Grandpa
I didn't think that you did.You're still holding Apple to the standard of "next big thing or doom" while holding everyone else to a lesser "it never caught on but it impressed the geeks, and you tried so we still adore you anyway" standard.
Google gets credit for half-assed, unfinished research projects that impress geeks, but does it actually make a dent in the universe? Do you see their competitors changing after them over self driving cars? Google glass? Asteroid mining? Jet packs? Are you kidding? On the one hand, you cite examples as iPhone and iPad as great achievements, but why? iPad is just a "giant iPod Touch" remember? Or did you forget how doomed everyone thought the giant iPod Touch was going to...
You're even more done, even.
Weak sauce arguments. No other company is held to the same "innovate or doom" standard that people like you claim to be Apple's exclusive fate. If none of the evolutionary improvements Apple has done since 2010 matches the standard of "good enough to avoid doom" what does that say about the Googles and the Samsungs of the world? They didn't invent the modern smartphone or tablet. Google's last innovation was PageRank. Everything else is monkey see, monkey do. Yet only...
I'm going to judge the next iPhone when Phil Schiller shows it to me later this year. These discussions are like arguing about what Martians look like before we went to the surface of Mars to see for ourselves.
 But race has nothing to do with what he wrote.
Yes, blame Jony Ive for the fantasy mockups.