or Connect

Posts by DrDoppio

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic... Anyway, here's a link suggesting that Android does multitasking differently from iOS:   http://www.extremetech.com/computing/112013-how-multitasking-works-on-android-and-ios
  Yes, upon re-reading I realize I wasn't clear. I was trying to see a compromise between Franklin's and Bastiat's words, by drawing a line between property before laws and definitions (what one could own if no other individuals existed), and property defined by laws (what one owns thanks to the existence of other individuals). For example, I could live alone on an island and own all the land there. I could also buy land on an island without ever visiting it, but for that...
    I mostly agree. I do like to stress though that we have to be very aware that we are making a conscious choice. At any point in time we are making  this choice, over and over. Should the circumstances change, we may choose differently, and there should be nothing to stop us from doing so.       Beautiful words; however I don't see how the line I quoted earlier goes against them, regarding property in particular. What property, aside from what you physically produced...
  Fair enough. I believe this is a part of the debate. I have witnessed how "better life for 5% of everyone" can be achieved. "Most" would take 50%, and I have yet to see this. "Everyone" is utopia.   Lol, that was a good one. I was being serious though.
  Those issues may be debatable, but it seems that at least Benjamin Franklin had made up his mind about point (a), if I'm interpreting correctly the passage "But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other Laws dispose of it".   As to (b), what do you mean by "better"? Better for whom?       What is money and property without government?
  Yes, I guess the same applies to other $100 phones as well. Nokia seems to be finally catching up on the illogical reality of American telecommunications...
I'm impressed with how well Nokia Lumia 900 is doing at AT&T -- second place two months in a row!
Extensions have their pluses, I'm sure -- as long as connecting with FB is optional.   It'll go down like this:   "I can't { login to a subforum : post images : see new posts in bold } any more!" "Use 'connect with FB'." "I don't have it..." "Please disable third party extensions first..."   ...or something like that...
  I'm not saying that this will happen, but there's the following possible scenario:   Social network credentials are introduced as an alternative way to log in while using a device/forum There is a substantial overlap between the social network's subscribers and the forum subscribers/device owners Those who belong to both groups enjoy the ease of using their device/forum with the social networks credentials Social network is legitimized in the eyes of the majority...
  I don't think they copy Apple's branding policy. I understand that is the spin Ai wants to give to the story, but I don't want to be dragged into stupid arguments.   Just speculating here, alternative interpretations are most welcome: Samsung wants to sell as many phones as possible. Understandably, they would want to do so under a strong Samsung brand. If they used to sell their phones under a plethora of names until not long ago, they must have felt that their brand...