or Connect

Posts by DrDoppio

Here's an example:  
If one would assume a confidence level of 95%, the confidence interval is +/- 0.57%, rendering the 0.2% difference insignificant again. Even with a confidence level of 90% there's a +/- 0.47% interval, more than twice the estimated month-to-month difference. In fact, the only way for the reported "dip" for Android marketshare to be outside the confidence interval is if one accepts a confidence level close to 50%.   This article's title is complete BS and bait for...
  Text in books (sans margins) is usually closer to 15:10 or 16:10 than to 4:3. Children's books usually tend to be more squarish.
  I suppose the quote about going thermonuclear on Google could be used to infer that Apple's motives in suing Motorola weren't entirely rational.   Here's another article on the topic (CNN):   http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/06/02/judge-bars-apple-from-turning-court-into-reality-distortion-field/
As reported by Dan Levine for Reuters, Chicago federal judge Richard Posner has rejected Apple's request to prevent any reference to the Jobs biography by Isaacson during the trial (U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois is Apple Inc. And NeXT Software Inc. V. Motorola Inc. and Motorola Mobility Inc., 11-cv-8540).   In a separate order on Thursday, judge Posner wrote: "I...
  Ask your operator for a new SIM; most likely the contacts are oxidized or damaged. Clearly it's NOT a software problem if it works with other SIMs.   You seem to be making the common mistake of judging Android only based on a cheap (in every sense) device. Besides, your worries of "installing a trojan from untrusted sources" are unwarranted, after all the phone will not go to those "untrusted sources" by itself while you're sleeping -- it's entirely in your control. A...
  Some local asshat was claiming on another thread that Apple already had a social network... so I wonder what he'd think about a real social network coming to iOS...
  The title of this article is misleading. Given the sample size and a confidence level of 99%, we can expect a confidence interval of +/- 0.7 percentage points for Android's share. Therefore, fluctuations in the range of 0.2% are not statistically significant and cannot be used as the bases of any informed conclusion. With a sample of this size, and considering the small rate of change of market share, it is only meaningful to look at changes over longer time intervals.
  Geez, you couldn't find a more obnoxious way to hijack the thread? Have you never heard of hyperlinks? Or are you so full of yourself that you actually believe that anyone wants to read your copypasta?
We already have maps. I should have said 3D, meh...