or Connect

Posts by DrDoppio

I am sure that Apple seriously considers every good idea; the same cannot be said about Apple fanboys who blindly believe that only the ideas that Apple has already implemented are any good, only to change their misguided beliefs once Apple decides to implement something else.
  Right, Google sells products in beta all the time. I want my money back. Oh, wait...
  Paperbacks a substitute for ebooks? LOL. Try downloading a paperback in your 6 ounce e-reader.   The reasons Apple is being accused of collusion (along with 5 publishers, three of who have settled) are well documented and described in detail in attached documents and previous threads. Nobody needs new inane statements that there was competition between Apple and Amazon. Comparing this to Pepsi and Coke is ludicrous. Books are not sugar water.
I listed a few indicators, not to be confused with the proof that the DoJ is expected to provide. Let me clarify a bit: - Uniform prices were set between the five publishers accused of collusion. I did not mean "uniform prices for different books at one publisher" (that would be meaningless), but rather uniform prices for the same category of books between several publishers. - Price discounts outside of Apple's store become impossible with the favorite nations clause. -...
  ICS an iOS rip-off? HAHAHAHAHA! There are a couple of design elements in the earlier Android versions that were undeniably inspired by iOS -- and those are ones I don't particularly care about -- however to say ICS is an iOS rip-off is akin to claiming that van Gogh ripped off Wacker.   I do believe the iPhone needs an update -- but not a radical one as you seem to suggest.
    According to the class-action suit (cf. pdf below), Apple provided insurance to publishers that others are going to join in the agency pricing model. If that is proven to be true, then Apple could be found guilty of acting as the hub in a hub and spoke collusion. Many indicators of collusion are in place: uniform prices, a penalty for price discounts, information exchange. I think Apple will have a hard time defending its innocence, especially when using arguments...
  I think you're off; it's only your personal opinion that the design is underwhelming, and without seeing the ready assembled product it's hard to tell that the components we saw don't fit into another beautiful example of industrial design.   I have to admit that this is the first iPhone that I actually like, in fact more so than other recent phones from other companies. 10/16 is the perfect aspect ratio, and 4-4.5' is the perfect screen size for me. If the phone is...
Cool news. Apple's always been good with appliances.
What can I say, I feel cheated. I was hoping to impress a girl with my title. I worked really hard to reach 1000 posts... Now I don't see the point any longer...
  In any case, Apple cannot be given credit for rumors, and Samsung should not be denied credit for real products.   Real artists ship.