or Connect

Posts by Junkyard Dawg

It doesn't seem like they do, does it?  I'm also troubled by their arrogant attitude towards slower selling products, which seems to be "if it's not selling well, then it must be the market's fault".  Apple needs to consider that maybe a slow selling computer line needs to be improved rather than axed.  Furthermore, Apple needs to understand that while elite high end gear may have lower sales, it still adds to Apple's reputation and influences sales of other lines.  The...
Apple's new motto:   It's good enough...   Lol, it seems some of you have forgotten the purpose of the Mini.  It isn't supposed to be a computing solution, it was designed as a marketing solution.  How to provide Windows users a way to jump both feet into Mac OS X?  They look at the iMac's price and think, WTF, I have good display, I'm not throwing it out to try Mac OS X!  Thus the Mini, which is really just a way to demo Mac OS X and is intended to be disposed...
And where would that sound evidence come from, if serious studies are never conducted?  The fact is that there are not many people at all who are "constantly researching this".  Until recently, cell phone use wasn't sufficiently widespread to study.  Any correllation there is would likely be tiny, and the cancer would develop only after many years of exposure.  Thus the study population must be large and monitored for a duration of years if not decades, a length of time...
The car analogy is flawed, we don't know the reliability of this new rMBP.  Additionally, the advances in cars were made explicitly for reliability and or performance, while many changes in the rMBP are made to cheapen production, limit upgradability, and make it thinner.  Thinner laptops are all well and good, but there is a huge market segment that cares more about expandability than an extra 2 mm of thinness, and Apple fails to meet our needs.   Isn't it funny...
I don't see what the big deal is about admitting that the Retina MBP is pricey.  $2400 is pricey, but who didn't expect a retina display MBP to be pricey?  This is a pricey Apple product that lives up to it's price, with singularly innovative technology.  It is configured reasonably well for the price with plenty of RAM and an SSD.  I have a problem with the soldered RAM, but that would bother me at about any price at which Apple would conceivably offer this...
What you say has some truth to it, but it would also not be right to continually apologize for every bad decision made at Apple, and disrespectful to keep saying "Steve Jobs would have mucked that up, too".  A more honest analysis is simply that some bad decisions would still have been made if Jobs were alive, but many other bad decisions would have been avoided.  Letting the Mac Pro languish as it has, and that awful rollout of the "new" Mac Pro this week?  No way would...
You make a compelling argument.  When you put it like that, I can accept it.
  No, I believe Jobs wouldn't have let the Mac Pro and iMac languish for another year, and I also believe Cook is a tool and will prove to be a mediocre CEO.  Only a terminally stupid Apple fanboy would interpret that opinion as the equivalent of saying "nobody but Jobs can do anything right".   You do what you please, I'll be unloading my Apple stock.  And I won't say "I told you so"...much.
Whatever.  Cook is a mediocre CEO and this will become more obvious as Apple makes further blunders.  As for me being "insensitive," LOL, I'm sure Mr. Cook's skin is thick enough to take some criticism, and if it isn't, well he'll just have to spend a tiny fraction of his multimillion dollar salary on a psychotherapist.  Oh wait, he's got a great health care plane, I'll bet he doesn't even have limits on his number of psychotherapy visits!   Your response is interesting...
Between this decision and the decision to let the iMac and Mac Pro languish until 2013, we get a clearer picture of what Apple will look like without the steady hand of Steve Jobs at the tiller.  Cook obviously got where he is by telling Jobs what he wanted to hear, and the guy is a tool.  Time to unload Apple stock.