or Connect

Posts by Junkyard Dawg

Quite right.  At least as far as the biography and accounts I've read, it's never entirely clear who originally conceived of particular projects.  If in ten years Apple products take a significantly different course, we may have an idea at least. Edit:  we can be sure at least that Steve wasn't involved in most of the design decisions of the iWatch project, since there's just no way it was at that stage when he was well enough to engage.  But yeah, he could have been...
 I think the upcoming product announcements, which represent the first truly post-Jobs products, will be an interesting look at what Apple can do without Jobs.  Apple's history shows that they did not fare well without Jobs, but today's Apple is a different company, infused with a corporate culture resulting from Jobs's leadership, the NeXT gurus he's put in places of leadership, and the new hires under his tenure.  I think we're about to learn whether Jobs was able to...
 We're talking about comparing Apple's innovation under Jobs versus other CEOs.  So the bar is set high:  innovation means "define a new market, or redefine a pre-existing market".   Other than the Powerbook and it's trackpad, which I concede reaches the level of Jobs era innovation, you listed a bunch of uninfluential technologies that had little impact on the market or Apple's sales.  They certainly didn't define new markets.  Those little technical advances are the...
 I'd like them to perform at the same level as they did under Jobs.  If that's too much to ask, then I guess Apple is done.  That's pretty much the whole point of my post.  As I stated earlier in the post:  Please try to read and understand the material before commenting.  
 Then don't buy one.    No, it won't do anything special.  Broadwell will be faster until its successor is faster.  So go buy your wife or girlfiend something to ensure long lasting sexual favors, because Broadwell sure as hell ain't gonna provide 'em.
 I'll bet you could make a list 3 feet long, if you include stuff like OpenTransport and built-in optical drives. Not sure how you figure licensing Mac OS was innovative, since Microsoft built Windows on the concept of licensing it to hardware vendors.  I guess when Apple does something, it's innovative, because Apple.
 Hmmm, you have me rethinking my desire to see the jack go.  If it's just a way to fill Apple's coffers with more cash, then fu[k it, keep the jack.  Apple doesn't need the cash anyways, they just blow it on trendy headphone companies instead of plowing it into Mac development.   Edit:  oooohhh, we're not supposed to swear on an Apple discussion forum!  Because when I think of Apple, I think of Steve Jobs, and we all know he never, ever sweared.   
Lose the audio jack, AND the ironically named Lightning connector.   Audio Jack is 20th century.  Ditch it.     The USB 2.0 "Lightning" connector is a joke.  There is no need for a wired connection since speeds are limited by the slow ass iPhone NAND.  Wireless charging is more convenient, especially if Apple chooses an existing standard like Qi and pushes it's adoption at public locations.  Imagine going to a cafe and setting your iPhone on the table to charge while...
 Most of what you list are not innovations, and the few that are were developed and designed during Jobs' tenure as CEO.  For example, the new Mac Pro was designed while Jobs was alive, but postponed due to Intel's countless delays on 12 core Xeon processors. Anyways, most of what you list are technical advances.  Specs.  Apple's competitors have advanced tech, too, but that doesn't amount to innovation in the sense of the iPod or iPhone, or Mac OS X.  Apple's innovations...