or Connect

Posts by Junkyard Dawg

Why don't you try listing a few of Apple's amazing innovations that took the world by surprise during Jobs absence? As I remember it, Apple coasted on Mac OS until they bought NeXT and Jobs returned in the late 90s.  Attempts at replacing Mac OS crashed and burned.  Unprotected memory made using a Mac similar to working on a live bomb - you never knew when it would explode and take everything down with it.  The PPC alliance was fast out of the gate but soon lagged...
 Half a dozen tabs isn't much.  Spinning beachball is number one complaint I hear from Mac users.  Usually if they drop in more RAM, the complaints go away.  These are average users, not doing multitasking.  Ok.    That's what "j/k" meant.  "Just kidding".    Samsung's problem is that they lard up Android with their own crappy GUI, but that's their choice.  Android is a very good OS and it's improvement curve reminds me of OS X's early development.  In some ways Android is...
 I'll bet you don't have many Safari tabs open and aren't trying to run Lightroom at the same time.  If so, the system would be extremely frustrating to use.  If the exodus to Android accelerates then Apple's losing both market share and users.  I agree that Apple cannot compete on commodity products, but that doesn't mean they can't add a bit more RAM on the low end.  It's a minor expense that could have a profound effect on usability and thus customer satisfaction and...
 If investors think the media attention will hurt AAPL sales, they get spooked.  Nobody needs to understand jack squat for this to happen.
 Prior to Jobs return, Apple offered myriad beige boxes and couldn't even develop a successor to Mac OS.  If you call that innovating, then you're stretching your cognitive capacity to it's breaking point.
 No, the stock is down because of Apple's iCloud security breach.  It's a huge story outside the Apple reality bubble at Mac fanboi sites.
One-handed mode is going to be HUGE!     Think about it - what is the main reason for getting a large display phone?  pr0n.  A one handed phablet will sell like pr0n.   iWatch will be the first real test of Apple's ability to innovate without The Steve.  The more I learn of it, the more excited I am for Apple's future.  
This is compelling news. I predict the iWatch will use a Sapphire crystal cover, and possibly feature extensive use of Liquid Metal. Not so sure about the liquid metal being near production, but we have reports of Apple investing in collossal Sapphire production capacity, so if they've solved the brittleness problem, it's likely destined for more than camera lens covers and touch ID buttons. An iWatch contructed with Liquid Metal and Sapphire will not only be...
16GB low end is ridiculous given the large and growing sizes of apps.  If Apple could squeeze sufficient margins out of a low end 16GB iPhone 4 years ago, surely they can squeeze the same margins out of a 32GB or even a 64GB low end today.     But this is the Apple we all know.  How long did they insist on selling Macs with 2GB of RAM, despite OS X's slothfullness below 4GB of RAM?   Thus they will continue to lose market share to Android phones as more loyal Mac and...
Apple's PR team are showing their chops.  This jacks the iWatch hype to 11.