or Connect

Posts by Junkyard Dawg

A prototype building?  Nope.  That's the home of the Mac Mini engineering and design team.     The ventilation system is required to evacuate the bong smoke as deadlines near.  After the deadlines uneventfully pass, the ventilation system is again deactivated.
 This really doesn't relate to the iWatch, since even if it's a dud it will be 1000X more useful than your $1000 piece of jewelry that tells time. You could even pass an iWatch down to your grandkiddies:
 A $1000 watch is about eff-you status.  A watch with exquisite engineering and quality to last many lifetimes can be had for much less. An iWatch?  I'm keeping my expectations low, but Apple could pull a rabbit out of the hat.  If it's a useful tool - and some of the rumors suggest it may be an insanely useful tool - then it could create a new market as the iPhone did.  
LOL, you guys actually watch these things without Steve Jobs?  That's sort of like going to a Nirvana concert without Kurt Cobain...
Didn't Cook also say that the iPhone 5 size was "just right"?   ZOMG!  Tim Cook complains about latest Apple iPhone:  5.5" and even 4.7" is TOO BIG! In related news, that's what she said.
 They could call it the iPhone Compensator.
 Hope you're right, but I can imagine Ive putting that protruding lens on there and thinking he's being edgy.  Then without Jobs around to tell him he's full of shit, it makes it into production.   Somebody needs to reign Ive in.  He's destroying both iOS and OS X.  Function always follows form with Ive, right down to the thin iMac with all the ports in back and completely inaccessible components buried in a poorly cooled space.  That's got to be the dumbest computer...
This must be one of the most gorgeous iPhones ever!  I want one.   My only qualm is with the protruding lens.  Besides making it impossible to lay the phone flat for use as a level, it strikes me as a potential durability problem.  The lens could catch on hard surfaces, or serve to concentrate all the pressure on it if one forgets the phone is in a back pocket and sits on a hard surface.  Even more troubling is that the lens can unexpectedly catch when drawing the phone...
Brilliant new feature!  This is what new versions of OS X used to deliver:  improvements that made a positive difference in usability.     Now can we please go back to colorful and contrasty icons for the sidebar?  I'm sick of the monochrome icons that I have to read to see what's what.  
It's one of the first Apple computers built, but far from one of the first computers ever built. Get a copy editor!