or Connect

Posts by Junkyard Dawg

It's confusing because instead of calling it "USB 3.1", they are calling it "USB 3.0 SuperSpeed".  In any event, 10 Gbps USB will render Thunderbolt irrelevant in the consumer space.  I'd rather see the new Mac Pros offer USB SS than TB, if it comes down to a question of either or.
Totally agree on the need for an xMac, for the very reason you stated.   As far as internal drive backups, I've always used an internal drive in my Mac Pro for Time Machine, but I consider my "true" backups to be the disk images of various drives and data on my external drives.  Another way to look at it is, hourly backups on an internal drive, but daily or weekly backups on an external drive.
LOL, $40 + $50 for a 3 meter TB cable.  $10/foot for an ethernet cable, yee-haw!!!!   I can cut an ethernet cable to length off a large spool and install my own connectors for under $10, and that's for a cable well over 3 meters.   TB is going nowhere until cables drop in price significantly.  
You don't find it disrespectful to interact with employees in this way?  
Personal "robots" will catch on when and only when they can either perform sexual acts.  Until then they are a curiosity.
  I'm sure that sentiment would be widely popular among Apple stockholders, lol.   It's not a big deal, the EU just wants different fan grills.  Consumer products must conform to regulations in every country and Apple has plenty of experience in meeting those regulations.  Apple also have plenty of cash on hand to update the fans if they desired.   Most likely this isn't really even a problem with a Mac Pro replacement imminent.  Or, the Mac Pro will be EOLed soon...
Yes, you can boot a Mac Pro with the side panel off.  For some diagnostic tests you have to run it with the side panel off to access the logic board.   Lots of home users have Mac Pros, and many of them have little brats who like to go sticking their fingers in things.  The fans are unprotected because it's possible, if one tries hard enough, to stick a finder through the grills.  The obvious solution for homeowners is not to let little brats play around an open Mac Pro,...
  Yes, it's better not to conform to laws in such a large market as the EU.  Better to take a principled stand than to chuck in some different fans and make EU sales.   /snark
  Sounds like you need to stop telling people to stop buying Macs.   Some of us here are Apple investors.  You're not helping when you tell people to buy something else.
  Agreed.  For the price one may as well buy a MacBook Air.  It's just as portable and much more useful.     I also find it hard to believe that 128 GB is costing Apple any more than 64 GB did a few years ago.  It's not like they're using MLC Toggle NAND in these iPads, it's just slow flash memory that's dirt cheap.