or Connect

Posts by OMO

Like many of you, I am not a FB fan, or member, etc for privacy concers, and its just not "my thing". I'm not their target audience. Still, this to me is a brilliant business move on their part -- many reasons have already been discussed. As for ads on the home screen (and I am no fan of ads wherever they pop up), this to me does not seem to require that ads will the same annoying banners and animated 'click-thru' type ads. Because the home screen is basically a slide...
rrabu - Can you give me a few more details for setting up the drive/folder sharing so that all files are written to the HDD? Thanks!
So this weekend, I made a backup copy of my original VM, then deleted it from my SSD. Now I am doing a complete new install (not an upgrade) of VM4 with Windows 7 x64. Would you mind giving me a few tips as to the best way to set things up so that I can: a) install/run applications from SSD (HD1) b) save all files to HDD (HD2) Do I "add a device" and add HD2? Can I assign it a drive letter (to be compatible with Windows applications?). For example, can I name...
Thanks rrabu. What you describe is exactly what I want to do. I really need to get my workstation back up and running, so I will probably be trying to do this over the weekend/early next week. When you're installing/setting up VMF 4.1, how do you designate the HDD as a separate drive? Can you assign it a drive letter (E:/ for example), so that I can easily map default output paths in my imaging software?
Thanks Marvin - I'll look into shrinking. However, from what I can tell, the Z: drive is what is causing me problems, and is not comprised of temporary files, etc. All of my temporary files should be written to (and deleted from) C: --- at least that is where my imaging processing software is set to write. In Windows, if I navigate to Z: what I see is the directory structure and files that are stored on my NAS RAID. Everything appears exactly the same as when I look...
Hi - Firstly, let me say that I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to technical computer things... I am trying to determine the best setup for my new iMac/Windows 7 x64. Here is my situation:For work, I require software that is only available for Windows, so I need to install Windows in order to install/use the software. I have used Fusion in the past (both on this iMac and my MBPro), so am considering getting the newest version of Fusion since I am familiar with...
sounds like you secretly love Luke Wilson
I'm no patent expert, but I assume there is no legal precedent like this: -- You can only sue for patent infringement of patents you actually own at the time of the alleged infringement. -- Seems like this type of standard would make the gifting of patents or purchase of companies for their patents less appealing. Such actions might protect you going forward, but wouldn't help your past actions. For example, in this case the patents "gifted" to HTC would protect...
+1 I'd like to see several GIS/RS software suites have a native Mac version. I hate VM-ing to Win 7 for GIS/RS tasks... (PS - ArcGIS and Erdas Imagine on my new 27" iMac i7 w/ SSD are orders of magnitude faster than on my previous quad xeon Lenovo ThinkStation workstation. It screams! I would be happy to if I never had to log into Windows ever again. But, alas...) Sorry for the digression....
I agree. Apple will get a lot of free press following their big announcement (which could come a couple of weeks before the new product is shipping). They don't really need to start TV ads on Day 1 because it will already be all over "news" programs, etc. And then again when product hits the shelves and there are long lines... So potentially, we could see the announcement in late Sept, with product shipping in early Oct and TV ads starting mid Oct.