or Connect

Posts by v5v

Why exactly should I give Shit One about Apple's plan? The product will get better, will it? Call me when it does. Until then, fück the fückers for fücking up the software. If they want me to suck up feature stripping and evangelize their Grand Vision, maybe they should trying filling me in on what the füch they're doing? As long as they wanna guard every single thought anyone at that campus ever had like it's Knowledge of Creation and demonstrate that they have no...
 It's been my experience that every time a computer tries to "help" by "anticipating" my needs and "preventing" my mistakes, the outcome is bad. Autosaving is "new" but I'm not convinced it's "improved." There's also an inherent conflict in the reasoning. It's saying I'm too stupid to manage my own file versioning. Assuming that's true, what makes Apple think I'm gonna be smart enough to figure out the MUCH less intuitive system of trying to recover previous versions of a...
 "Stop hankering for the past! We're not ADDING problems, we're REMOVING complication! Fewer features means less confusion!" "Wise up to the opportunities of the future, such as being able to make a lost cat flyer on your iPad! Stupid old people who don't see the value of dumbing everything down to the lowest common denominator will be forced to surrender all their pay to YOU, superdooper FUTUREMAN!" I don't know whether to be amused or frightened for the future of the...
 I couldn't be happier with what Apple's done with FCP. When my capital request said I'd rather spend $1000/seat on Avid than $300 per for FCP, no one batted an eye. Now I get a real editor with real collaboration tools and a full set of codecs and support for facility-wide asset management/sharing. Thanks Apple!
 Reductio ad absurdum? Wait, no, thats not right... whaddaya call it when someone exaggerates an argument to ridiculous extremes then criticizes the outcome? Whatever it's called, that's what you're doing and it's beneath you. Whaddaya say we reel in the hyperbole a little an bring the analogy closer to reality? No one is talking about merging an iPhone and a 27" iMac. We're talking about a phone and an iPad. So, not a car vs. a semi, but rather a car vs. a pickup truck....
 Honestly, I swear to whatever deity you prefer, aside from 20th-century-style phone talking (holding it to the head with no use of any headset whatsoever -- so quaint), no. Never. Ever. Fumbling for your keys? Why the fück would you try to send a text message with the other hand rather than just wait ten seconds? Carrying the kid? Responsible parents put her DOWN rather than trying to do a one-handed map search. Seriously, I just don't see people trying to use their...
 YOU'RE stupid. Where do you get off coming here and insulting me because of the device I use to watch video? Try carrying your 10" TV on the bus with you, genius. When you grow up you'll slowly begin to recognize that the crowd around you is made up of people and some of them do things you don't understand. Either than or you'll just be a dumbfuck forever. Either way.
 This utterly illogical argument again... "A larger phone would be too much bulk to carry. I overcome that by carrying TWO devices instead." 
 My question is WHY Apple makes such a big deal about being able to use it one-handed in the first place? From what I see, no one does that! If anyone wants to see it, I'll video record my 15 minute train ride to work. If you can pick out even one person using their smartphone one-handed I'll buy a 5S.
 For those of us holding out for a larger screen, purchasing a 5S isn't a consideration anyway. If Apple really is planning a larger screen for next year, it would be a good idea to let people like me know before we get desperate and do something foolish we'll all regret later...