or Connect

Posts by v5v

"Litters up?" Seriously? Which components/capabilities do you consider superfluous? The price is really quite telling, too, especially the storage upgrade cost - HALF what Apple gouges charges. I won't litter up the thread with details, but consider that any prudent buyer frequently re-evaluates his commitment to iOS. So far it's still winning, but developments like these, combined with Apple's stubborn refusal to lower prices or increase screen width, do test my decision...
 But, of course, that little caveat is the reality check, isn't it? One doesn't get thin and light without sacrificing something else. So far the list of something else's has included affordable storage, convenient access to parts requiring periodic replacement (which these days is probably just the storage device if RAM is soldered in), and sufficient heat dissipation to allow the use of superhero GPUs and CPUs. To some people those are things they're willing to accept to...
 LOL! Oh there's an idiot here all right! Power conditioning is installed in high-end facilities to protect equipment from brownouts and spikes, not to keep line noise out of the signal path. Of course, because there are no mandated professional standards, many studios are owned and operated by people who believe the same ridiculous religious bullshit you do, and are thus just as susceptible to being suckered by snake-oil salesmen. Yes, even the lowly TV repairman with his...
 Buddy, it's obvious I've forgotten more about audio than you'll ever know. You blatantly refuse to understand the fundamentals of the technology, but you're talking to ME about getting an education? If you wanna stay deliberately ignorant, who am I to argue? If you ever decide to get a clue though, start with the definition of theorem, what a transformer does, and how digital sampling works. Until then there's just nothing for us to discuss.
 NO! Jeez, this is like trying to teach a kid to shoot when he won't take the gun out of his mouth... Obviously different circuits sound different. If you look back through the thread, no one here has suggested otherwise. You're arguing a point no one made. You sound like a kid with a can of NO2 telling the engineers at McLaren that the laws of physics are just a guideline and not really very well understood. They are actually VERY well understood, just not by you.
 You have no idea how much grin I'm getting from this. Quiz for the blank one: What's the VERY FIRST THING that AC power hits once it goes inside the box? What are the effects of that device? Seriously dude, I'm not trying to beat you up here, but you just keep doing it to yourself! Your example above is EXACTLY what I'm talking about -- those with little knowledge of basic physics are very easily led to believe utter bullshit. For an explanation of why your sniffer is the...
 No dude, wrong. WAY wrong. So wrong you should be disqualified from practicing audio until you get that misconception fixed. Nyquist DOES explain absolutely every single aspect of digital recording. It is more absolute than e=mc2. There is no ambiguity.
  Stop now dude. Seriously. One of these days you're gonna actually READ NYQUIST'S THEOREM and you're gonna realize that the claims you're making here are just plain impossible. OF COURSE some things sound better than some other things. The point is that If you hear a difference between two sources playing normal material at normal listening levels, the difference is NOT word length or sample rate. It just plain CAN'T be. It's not possible. There is ALWAYS another...
 Shhh! Of course everything you wrote is true, but those are discussions to be held AFTER the very basic, real-world limitations of Nyquist are well understood. Until then this stuff is the fodder semi-informed people use to disseminate nonsense. I obviously track at 24 bit myself (though not at 96K because the anti-aliasing filters on my converters are so good at 48K that there's no reason to double throughput and storage requirements) but before I would let a protege...