or Connect

Posts by v5v

Not arguing for or against the post to which you reply, but for the record, I have need for a mini at the moment and am delaying the purchase until it is updated with current internals. To me it DOES seem like Haswell/Iris is the kind of thing that should have been included by now. The only possible explanations for delaying it are being able to make a fuss by claiming that using something other than a two-year-old CPU qualifies it to claim to be a "new model," or Crazy...
 One might argue that the development you describe has had the same affect on video that the previous decade had on independent music production. Prior to the Great Democratization, those who could not attract the attention of financiers had no hope of realizing their vision. Now, anybody can produce and distribute their garbage no matter how bad it is! At least "cost of entry" provided some degree of shit filtering.
 The material he referred to as bad is that from which the Samsung is made, not the 5c.
 There are gobs of those phones riding the transit system every day, and the vast majority of them are carried by tiny little Asian women. It seems like the smaller the woman, the bigger the phone! I've quit trying to persuade anyone here that the common objections to a larger screen are nonsense, but this should make it painfully obvious that a big phone CAN be used by people with VERY small hands.
 You're not the only one to say that, which makes me think I got a lemon iP4 from Apple. Over the winter I paid the $170 to replace my smashed screen iP4 with a refurb. One of the volume buttons on the replacement collapsed into the chassis after only a few weeks so they gave me another one. At the time I thought it was hesitating and lagging, but convinced myself that I was being paranoid. Now, based on my experience with iOS7 compared to what others are...
 That stunning piece of spelling, punctuation and grammar brought to you by a product of the US education system! LOL! The attitude probably doesn't have anything to do with being American, though. More likely just an unfortunate manifestation of being an asshole!   Is it any wonder you're not the President...Please share moron your view of the rest of the world...Knowing you don't care will keep me up at never.
 iOS7 wrecked my iP4 (not "S"). I wish I could go back to 6. With 7, every single function is delayed by roughly two seconds. It's very, very frustrating to swipe and nothing happens, so I swipe again, only to then have it suddenly "catch up" and respond to the second swipe from the new page. Or press Skip and nothing happens, so I press it again and again and again then it suddenly clues in and skips four times. The only crashes I've seen are when deleting files from the...
 I don't think it's the plastic that buyers object to. I suspect it's the repellant inorganic colors! Horrid, nasty, ugly stuff.
 Have you read up on the Monoprice monitor(s)? I suspect not, or you wouldn't have written what you did. That might put you in a position of being more guilty than the one you accuse... It's a well-built, nicely adjusted piece of kit. It allows the buyer the choice of going short coin with limited options or paying more for luxury and convenience. The reviews are overwhelmingly positive, both from tech geek press types and actual users. Like everything with the bitten...
 I'll bet you a shiny new Early 2020 AppleThing OohAh* you're wrong. You're right, physical discs will go, and Cloud delivery will become the norm, but just like Apple you're ignoring human inertia. Look how long it took to kill off CDs, and that was with songs at a buck a piece. With "virtual" movies going for $25 a pop and, Apple TV notwithstanding, still being primarily computer-centric, it's going to take a while for the average consumer to wrap her/his head around the...