or Connect

Posts by v5v

I can see an upside to Apple giving away cheap phones to kids the way Samsung does.   If the people in my communications circle could get something like a somewhat less robust and full-featured 5c for $300, they might buy that instead of a Samsung Note. That would expand the group of people with whom I can enjoy ecosystem-specific features like FaceTime, Messages and Airdrop, which in turn would make me more likely to drop $900 for an iPhone.   One of the benefits...
 Whatever you say. All I know is that features intended to make the iPhone/Mac experience better, like FaceTime and Messages, are useless for the two-thirds of the people I interact with who are on Android devices. From an ecosystem point of view, I might actually be better off with Android (<*Shudder!*>). Maybe what matters to you as an investor is different than what matters to me as a user. Like that profit margin. Part of what's deterring me from buying any more...
 Who says it's a "fan" forum? I can't find anything anywhere on the site that suggests that is so. Many of us are not "fans," we're "users" and frankly find the kind of knee-jerk blind loyalty so often expressed here annoying and counter-productive. If any other company handled software the way Apple has in the last two years, you lot would call for crucifixions! But Apple get s a free ride no matter what they do. If more of you would adopt even a half-way objective view...
 You have no imagination. It's a giant, space-hogging one-trick pony that wears out twice as fast as every other component. There's no reason that its very, very basic operation couldn't be handled in a MUCH more elegant way.
 Oh good, there it is. We almost closed out a thread on AI without any cloying, sycophantic treacle. Thanks, person who even uses an Apple product name as a descriptor of your very identity.
 I do not feel that the feeling of a click is more important than a common and frequent point of failure. Of the six iPhones we've owned, four had a Home button failure.  I use the button on top for that already. Why do we need a Home button for that?  !!! A software button, that can be sized and repositioned at will, is a greater space problem than a 3/4" strip of empty across the entire width of the device along the bottom with the sole purpose of housing a singe button...
 How does the absence of either bezel or Home button affect my ability to use two hands? Each hand cups the device the same way you would with one hand.
 I suspect Apple does NOT have the best resources in the world, at least human. It doesn't sound like a particularly fun place to work, heavily restricted and run by bitchy executives, and lacking the amenities and recreational perks of a Pixar or Google. Then there's that report cited here a few months ago indicating that Apple engineers are not paid very well compared to their equivalents at other companies in the area. Such conditions may lead to the "best" people...
 Got it. That's the difference between me and the typical troll then. My posts start with "I freakin' HATE Apple but…" 
 Look, I love Apple Insider and have been reading and posting here since Version 1.0 in 1997, but if it keeps this up it's doomed.