or Connect

Posts by v5v

With due respect, says who? Who decided what a tablet "should" be?   Seems to me the tablet is just the typical computer user's newer, cheaper, easier device for consumption and sharing, stuff that doesn't require the power of a traditional personal computer.   As they gradually take over more and more of the personal computing market, tablets are going to have to start incorporating some features and capabilities of computers.
  But you're not going to buy one no matter WHAT size they make it, so why do you care? You already HAVE a phone that can be used in one hand.       Do you, or do you dislike the idea of developers having to accommodate more than one screen size? If that's the case, the issue is not really screen size since we now have iPads too, but rather the need to move towards a resolution independent model for iOS. No small task I'm sure, but it would certainly be worth the...
  You didn't need to bother. We all know that only things you approve are smart or good. The only arbiters of what constitutes a good idea for Apple are Tim Cook, Jony Ive and you.
  Henry Ford said no such thing. He said (paraphrasing) that if he asked his customers what they want they would say "Faster horses." That does NOT mean "ignore your customers because they are stupid." It means "Satisfy the customers' desires in ways they hadn't even imagined and you'll be successful."   Ford (and Jobs) heard what customers wanted and delivered it, and more. In Ford's case, he heard "faster" and delivered it, while also eliminating fatigue and hunger. In...
  Sounds like a shortcoming in the OS. That should probably be addressed soon, since it doesn't seem like a good idea to let the OS dictate hardware development paths.
  I don't think that's obvious at all. What's obvious to me is that those who use computers as consumption and social interaction devices (as opposed to content creation machines) are migrating in droves away from traditional computers and adopting tablets instead. It may be argued that having only two choices in that burgeoning product category will miss a large slice of potential buyers.   We don't have only the MacBook Pro, we also have the Air. We don't have only the...
  Just be sure not to support your position with any opinions or data or anything...  
  Honestly, who's dumb: The guy who thinks there's benefit to offering more than one version of a product (y'know, the way they do with computers), or the one who refuses to acknowledge that wanting something other than what Apple offers now is legitimate?       I... you... wow. I have no words so I'll just stop right here.
  That's what people keep saying, but it presents as an Apple NEWS site. You may USE it as a place to express your Apple euphoria, but such behavior is clearly not the site's intended purpose.   EDIT: ...and the forums are described as being for "discussion," not zealous condemnation.
  I don't know... for our latest round of capital requests I put together a good/better/best proposal for a simple audio workstation, and for the first time ever I based the cheapest option on an iMac. The performance is good enough, it includes a display and has sufficient I/O to do that job.   If Apple were to offer a Mac Pro in a price category that let me add storage and display without costing a lot more than the iMac (i.e. within $500 or so) I'd almost certainly...