or Connect

Posts by v5v

Some of us would never buy an all-n-one, ever. The reasons vary, some valid, some silly, but I suspect that kind of buyer is actually fairly common, so a $2K Mac Pro might attract buyers who otherwise might consider going to another supplier.   Further, add $600-1,000 for one display and double that for two and the Mac Pro isn't two thousand bucks, it's three thousand, plus or minus a few hundred.   All of which is completely academic if, as you suggest. it's unlikely...
I like the idea of not having to press a button to activate voice functions. Having to use your hands to activate hands-free operation always struck me as counterproductive and a little strange.   I don't mind the phone listening for me to say the activation phrase. If a security agency listens in on me, they'll have no one but themselves to blame for what they hear.   What would be REALLY cool is if I could set my own activation phrase! "Hello nice Siri Lady!"...
  I'd actually kinda prefer that. I've got a mini serving double-duty in the living room, the first being the typical (though difficult to imagine being necessary) way to get material from a storage device to the Apple TV, the second being an occasional rendering station. A juiced-up mini would do a better job at the second task, and wouldn't require finding a place to put a coffee carafe on the bookcase with the other gear.
  How is it foolish to not buy something without trying it first? See my reply to the Tallest One. I said it would be like buying a $200 suit without trying it on. If it happens to be a good fit it was a great price. If it is NOT a good fit, that's $200 down the toilet.     Using that logic, roughly three-quarters of the posts on this forum fail the acceptability test. No one here can do anything about the stock price, how Apple configures the Mac Pro, when the next...
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be pedantic. I meant that of the suppliers from whom I buy software, I think Apple is the ONLY one that does not provide either a demo or trial version of their offerings. I realize that there may be others I'm not aware of, but I think it's fair to say that such titles are a rare exception rather than "nigh on every other piece of software."   At a mere $200 Logic is very reasonably priced, but to me would be too much to just drop on the off...
  Are you suggesting that other applications do not provide demos or trial periods?
  After reading your post again now, I must assume I had my eyes in backwards this morning. I can't explain how I got the idea that you were arguing power over current. Apparently we agree. Sorry.
      You can attach either the cable-with-plug you described or a plug with no cable. The latter has only two blades, no ground pin.
  I =V/R.   By wetting both hands you've reduced resistance. Voltage remains constant so current increases.   Your example indicates that higher current IS the relevant factor, not power.
  I will take the entire body of your post and careful advisement. Seriously. I'll think about ways I contribute to the noise and how I can improve my role in discussions.   All I ask is that you (and your posse -- c'mon, I don't even know any of these people) please, please PLEASE stop assuming that anyone who ever says anything disparaging about iOS is somehow pro-Android. I sometimes get really mad at my wife and vehemently disagree with something she...