or Connect

Posts by v5v

Compare those two and tell me it's not the height of irony!      Not "people," person, specifically Corrections, otherwise known as Daniel Dilger. Do you not think it is disgraceful to write an article then pretend to be someone else to insult and deride those who disagree with or criticize it? How would you feel if a TV or newspaper reporter did that? You'd be outraged, and rightly so because it's deplorable behavior and utterly unethical.
  See? Where do you go from that? You drag out the "troll" label and that's it.   You want positivity?   I think the iMac is possibly the best value in personal computing ever. It's not the least expensive by a long shot, but it offers a typical user a more constructive experience than anything else at a similar price point (and especially anything below it) and is comparatively hassle-free.   I wept with joy the day the new Mac Pro was announced. I sat with a group of...
  WHAT crap? He discussed the path Apple took from introducing the iPhone to the current App Store. Much of what he wrote was very PRO-Apple. Some of it was questioning whether some long-held beliefs are actually just myths. Other parts described Jobs as not actually being an omnipotent deity after all, but just a guy who sometimes changes his mind as new information and situations come along.   I don't understand what it was in that post that got under your skin. Did I...
  Wanting a little more objectivity does not make one an Android fan.   Why are you willing to accept skewed reporting? That makes it sound like you'd rather enjoy a fairy tale than know what's actually going on in real life, which obviously isn't true, right?   Your comment about pwecious widdle fee-fees was hilarious, but unfair to those of us who are pro-Apple but anti-bullshit.
    There is nothing in that posting that indicates that sequence of events.         Yeah, that's a serious problem and a big part of why I choose to use an iOS device instead of something with a bigger screen.   It's also completely irrelevant to our discussion. Android's weaknesses have nothing to do with my point that you overstated your claim. Quit changing the subject.     I absolutely did not deny their existence. I pointed out a flaw in your article....
  I find it interesting that you consider that post in any way "anti-Apple." I just re-read it and found it to be rather impassionate and balanced. Debunking myths is not criticism.   Y'know, I'm starting to get really sick of the zealots who try to shout down every post that includes anything that is in any way critical of Apple. The noise is annoying, the comments often betray a lack of critical thinking, and the insults are juvenile. I don't know how certain...
  Holy Disingenuous Deception Batman! That sure explains a lot.   I noted earlier how that particular poster was... <*Ahem*> uh, "somewhat less than civil." The fact that he, himself, poses to disguise his insults is reprehensible. If a reporter in our plant did that they'd be fired immediately upon discovery. I understand AI exists to make money, but so do actual NEWS organizations and they manage to do it while maintaining SOME degree of journalistic ethics.   Of...
  I fall on the side of convenience. Some things I want control over, others it's just easier to let someone else take care of it. Since this device isn't a "pet interest" I prefer to have a responsible curator manage security for me.   That doesn't mean I blindly accept it as the ONLY Way, Truth and Light, or that I don't want people like Charlie testing the security, or that I don't still want some features the other guys have that I don't, or that I need to disparage...
    READ THE DAMN POSTING!   His first complaint to Apple was in MAY. Issue addressed in JULY. Figure out how that's MORE THAN ONE DAY then tell me who's a dick who doesn't know what he's talking about. Yeesh.   Are you having a bad day? Everything you've posted on this thread has been insults and shots at others. Maybe you should turn off the computer and go outside.
    Or, I dunno, you could read the rest of his post, including maybe the part with a link to how and where and WHEN it happened.   Looking forward to your apology to rjc999.