or Connect

Posts by v5v

I wasn't clear in my last post, sorry. I said the only difference between my examples and yours was the stated fear of a "fatalistic" outcome. I'm saying I DON'T think that's grounds to call someone a troll. Let's say you and I are both worried about the future of the Mac. I say "Apple sucks because all they care about is the billions they make on iPhones." You say "Apple sucks because they're dooming the Mac to failure." What's the difference? We both expressed an...
 Working them or watching them?
  Yeah, that's what I said. Google search is the second biggest development, which makes it a really, really, really big deal. One doesn't have to like Google to recognize that they completely revolutionized web searching.
 I don't think they are, but I'm prepared to be persuaded. The only difference I can see is that the examples I used didn't end in a fatalistic outcome whereas the ones you gave did. That would mean saying "I've owned a million Apple products and will probably keep buying them even though they piss me off to no end and make some of the stupidest crap ever and charge WAAAAY too much" would NOT be a concern troll, but it WOULD be if I said "I've owned a million Apple...
 WHAT?!!! SERIOUSLY?!!! You don't think Google has revolutionized anything? Google so utterly DEFINED the concept of the web search that they wiped out every alternative on the planet and became a VERB! But for the creation of the web itself, Google's is arguably the most significant revolution in the online world to date.
 That's ridiculous. "I love my wife but I wish she wouldn't press her cold feet against me in bed." "My car is great in most respects, and I like this make enough that I've bought several over the years, but even after all this time they can't seem to put together a decent sound system." "I usually like Bruno Mars but I just can't stand this song." The whole notion of the Concern Troll is something insecure people made up to discredit anyone whose complaints would...
  Yeah, like working software! Badum CHING!
 Because at Apple's BTO prices for storage bumps it would make the price of your phone $2,299.00!
 Depends on where you sit. That strategy really reinforces the view that Apple products are intended for consumers and any business applications are purely coincidental. Consumers don't need to plan a year or two out, and "like to be surprised." Businesses need to have a plan for capital spending and don't like being kept in the dark about issues that will affect them. I know a year in advance what Intel plans to do, and, as long as I order enough seats, my VAR will work...
 I know what you're saying, but I just don't see it. Having to use a unified central universal control device to check my fuel economy is more hassle than just pressing the dedicated button on the signal stalk. Even if its not, the need just isn't there. I've never heard anyone complain that they need a big-screen GUI to display oil temperature. It's a solution to a non-existent problem. A car does not have a music library built in. A car does not include a communication...