or Connect

Posts by v5v

My fear is that the mini will adopt the form factor of the new Airports. Ick.
  No, it would strain credibility. It cannot affect credulity as that is not within the writer's control.
  Once an app becomes an "industry standard" it's really difficult for someone who makes their living using it to switch to something else. I'm not at all surprised that people have not jumped ship.       I could be wrong, but I don't think the alternatives are viable. Based on my admittedly cursory examination, other titles seem to be either not intended for pro users and lack the depth of features such work requires, or are specialty titles used mostly by Hollywood...
    If that were all there is to it I'd actually enjoy a certain amount of schadenfeude over Adobe suffering, but the truth is that it's not THEIR problem, it's their USERS' problem.   Most of us don't get to choose what editing/compositing software we use and/or can't conveniently or cost-effectively switch just because one supports a certain standard and another doesn't.   By developing competing systems like this and then forcing users into a situation where they can't...
  Why would the 4K cost more than a Retina version when it's lower resolution? Aren't we assuming the "Retina" spec for the 27" is 5120 x 2880? 4K is only 3840 x 2160.
    What does the key to the left of the spacebar do?
  Apparently you and I define the term "popular" very differently. To me, the gajillions of 'em I see flooding the streets with what seems like every second person having one qualifies the large screen for the designation "popular." They're not all the same model, so it's not like there's a particular unit that's an iPhone killer, but the demand for size is painfully obvious through simple observation of any downtown street corner.   Interestingly, I still see lots and...
  Then how do you explain the Retina iPad? Either it *IS* possible to build a larger screen that meets Apple's exacting standards or the iPad is a substandard device, and a contradiction of Cook's claims about maintaining high standards.   I am not a Cook hater, but do honestly believe the statements he made on this subject were pure hooey. He was making excuses. WHY he would have done that is anyone's guess, but there's no question at all in my mind that he was...
  No, he's saying that hitting the $450 price point fails to overcome the stated objection no matter WHICH phone you drop into that slot.   If there IS going to be a new, less expensive iPhone, whether or not it is better than the current offering is irrelevant. The stated rational for its existence is that Apple's phones are too expensive for outright purchase in less affluent, unsubsidized markets. If buyers can't afford $450 for the current model, how are they going to...
  Not me. I'd rather hear "We're not prepared to do that now" possibly with the addition of "...but who knows how we'll feel in the future."   I don't want the CEO making up excuses that can't withstand the scrutiny of a six-year-old's deductive reasoning. Aside from the obvious blow to credibility it's insulting to the people who buy Apple products.   He appears to be good at running the company but maybe he's just not so good at speaking directly to critics.