or Connect

Posts by v5v

I respect your healthy skepticism. Such "insiders" also told us that Panasonic was getting out of the TV business.   It could very well be true, but we won't know for sure until we have evidence more reliable than an anonymous source.
  As others have said, it doesn't always work. A friend of mine arrived home to discover he'd misplaced his iPhone while he was out. He immediately tried Find and just got a "Can't be found" message. Whoever found it had either shut it off or immediately wiped it. He said he wasn't out long enough for the battery to have died, so it seems his was found by someone who knew how to hide it.   He kept trying every hour or so for the first day then every few hours the next and...
  There you have it. Evilution doesn't need it, so if you do you're an idiot.   I was going to explain some of the benefits of increased speed, but I don't want to be an idiot.
  I hope you're right. At the moment mobile still faces an obstacle greater than speed: coverage. Even within big cities there are dead spots (not to mention subways that inexplicably don't have repeaters), and once you're outside a major metropolitan area there's only old, slow technology.   So, like you say, maybe some day, but it'll take more than a Samsung or Qualcomm developing faster transmission/reception methods. We'll need infrastructure to support it.       I...
  So, at what point in the evolution did they break it so it doesn't anymore?           (J/K! Put down the brick! )
  What? I'm sorry my comments upset you, but I think you're overreacting. Anecdotal to be sure, and I said so myself. However, asking legitimate questions and being prepared to accept reasonable explanations is not FUD. As for being idiotic, I can only conclude that I have again done a poor job of conveying what I meant. I humbly request that you re-read my last post as if it was written by someone other than me. I just suggested a reason to wonder if overall failure...
  I'm not trying to start an argument and I stress that I have NO idea what Apple's overall failure rate is like, but if their stuff is as reliable as some here claim (and sometimes I wonder how many Apple devices such people buy each year), why do I always have to wait at least a day and sometimes two for an appointment at the Genius Bar? We've got five Apple stores for a population of only 2.5 million people. That's only a suburb per store. Somewhere there's a...
  Go back and read it again. Then look up how Photostream works. Then laugh.   Big hugs, Yer pal Sparky
  "High satisfaction rating" does not necessarily equal "Low failure rate." It may BE that Apple has a low failure rate, and that may even be a contributor to the high satisfaction ratings, but one can't make the leap from "satisfied customers" to assuming "the stuff doesn't break." One can just as easily conclude that Apple customers are satisfied IN SPITE of the occasional failure, which would speak highly of Apple's service. Pedantic, I know, but true none the...
  Yeah, I eventually figured out which mock answers I'd specified! I meant that I answered the questions to proceed to the next page, one step past what the instructions explicitly specified, in case it was implied. There was no mention of Two-Step anywhere in the process.     Ghandi? I thought that was Yoda?