or Connect

Posts by v5v

Yeah, that's what I thought. Quick with generalizations, short on actual specifics. So you were mistaken then?
 So according to you, the only reason anyone would complain about the interface is because they're too stupid to figure out how it works, huh? Not because of how it looks? Not that many controls are now more difficult to operate? Not because many controls do not respond as well as they used to? Not because supposedly global conventions, such as for deleting an item, are not actually global and don't work in certain APPLE apps? Not because it's so buggy that content...
 We must have different Googles. Maybe you can post a link to what your Google says. Mine says you can't do it without jailbreaking.
 I use it on an iPhone 4 and it *IS* a disaster. I assume it's because I'm using ancient hardware and I accept that. I appreciate Apple letting me try it on my old device to see how it works. What I do NOT appreciate is being refused an option to go BACK to iOS6 now that we know how poorly this old phone works with iOS7.  Of course it is. Don't be ridiculous. Lots of people are having lots of problems. Some are serious, some are not. The problems do not make Apple evil nor...
 What looks worse -- someone shooting video with a laptop computer or a mostly black screen with a skinny vertical video in the middle?   The problem is that there is no brand with a lock on that anymore, so those of us who never used to bother with considering alternatives now are because the tried-and-true is letting us down as often as not.
 "Proves" it? Why does it need to be proven? At some point it'll either be self-evident or it won't. Does it even matter? Is there some inherent benefit to a post-PC world?  I say this respectfully and without malice: I don't really care what you think. You are at the event to be the eyes and ears of the readers. I don't need you to form my opinions for me. Please just tell us what you saw. Further, while I'm sure that you're really quite clever and that those who know you...
 Nope, but find me a TV station, production facility or post house that uses something other than Avid as its primary assembly tool. Why? Ask people like charlituna, quoted below. He's a Final Cut Pro user. Apple gutted the software he uses and took TWO YEARS to get it back to professional standards. By comparison, Avid did a total rewrite of Pro Tools with virtually no disruption by warning users a year in advance of what was going to change, implementing easy migration...
 Yay? Just in time for the official death of the fad, here's the feature nobody asked for.  LOL! So Avid, the world's most widely used professional editing system, is not a "major NLE platform?"
 ~97MB/s both in and out. Just for giggles I moved the video to another drive -- a Sonnet 4-bay eSATA enclosure set up as RAID10. It's connected to the Mac through a Sonnet PCIe eSATA card. That rig still only managed writes of under 100MB/s and reads only improved to 130MB/s. That surprised me. I expected better out of a striped pair of Seagates. What's really weird is that the files play when coming off the RAID, but they stutter and play at reduced speed (eg. a 10...