or Connect

Posts by v5v

Knock hard. You've been lucky. I've had multiple failures. I'm told by others on this forum that my experience is "atypical," but at least a couple others have described experiences similar to my own. I'm not complaining (issues with two service screw-ups notwithstanding), shit happens, but I'd urge you not to get complacent. The universe isn't gonna let you skate forever!
    The link you provided lists the following instructions:     When I sign in and select "Password and security" there is no reference to Two-Step Verification at all. I then tried answering the verification questions, but all that gave me was the option to change my verification questions and answers. Again, nothing about Two-Step.   Oh well. I'll try again in a few weeks. If I remember.
  I hope they don't copy it TOO closely. There's something wrong with Apple's offering. My photos keep disappearing after a couple weeks...      
  Because Apple is imposing a limit on the download, even thought the software doesn't need it.   Pixelmator does not require .3. It apparently works fine on .1, but for some reason Apple insists that he have .3 to buy it.   In this case, it actually is a case of Apple being the issue. There may be a perfectly good reason, or it may just be a whoopsie. Either way, Apple is setting the bar for download higher than what the software needs, which is causing a...
  I must be misreading this, or perhaps the information is inaccurate. Is this saying that I could buy a subscription and get "warranty" coverage for ALL of my Apple hardware? Even our old 2006 MacBook Pro?   I can see offering phone support on a subscription, and I'd opt in even just for that, but I can't imagine they'd handle warranty like this. I'd sure love to be wrong, though.   Maybe they mean a "per device" subscription. Even that would be cool, since there's...
  Is that the extra stage -- the security questions? If so, Canada had this weeks (months?) ago because I set those up so long ago I couldn't remember the answers anymore!
  Because then Pro Tools will stop working, meaning we'll have to buy a new computer because the new version of Pro Tools doesn't support our 2009 Mac and there's no new Mac Pro yet.   That's why.
  I don't wanna be an Apple-basher, but this is a particularly sore spot for me. At the Apple refurb department, "inspect" and "QA" seem to mean "make sure it's not on fire before putting it in a box and reselling it." We've received stuff from the refurb store that was SO f'd up that there is no way in hell it could possibly have been powered up before reselling it. Even a blind, deaf imbecile could tell the device was NOT working.     Are you sure? It seems like it...
  I just tried from Vancouver and can find no reference to it. I must not be looking in the right place.
  I didn't know that. Thanks! Of course, having that information isn't going to make a lick of difference to the quality of my photos, because I'm just going to continue using whatever happens to be built in to my phone, good or bad, because it's handy! If Apple includes a bad camera, I'll get bad camera artifacts. If Apple includes a gooder camera, I'll defeat the benefit with incompetence and laziness!       Woah, dude, you're like an iPhone camera Ninja! I had no...