or Connect

Posts by v5v

You're welcome to use it if you can remember it. I won't. I'm too stupid.
    I stand corrected. Sorry.
  Before I go on, lemme state for the record that I understand that the point of your post was the relative requirements of 90% vs. 10% and that what I'm about to write addresses only a specific area not even necessarily related to that point. That said:   Even something as simple as what you describe above occurs on a different plane with InDesign compared to Pages. Pages doesn't even allow linking, only embedding, so updated the image does NOT update the document. Nor...
  'Twas me.   People who don't do actual pre-PRESS don't know what's involved, and thus don't appreciate the requirements of software appropriate for the task. That's fine, until they start making claims of more basic apps being "equivalent" or "good enough" etc. "Good enough" is relative to the task. Pages certainly is "good enough" for the kind of layout most people would do on their own for digital output. For something that's going to hit an actual printing press, I'm...
  NO POWER BRICKS / LINE LUMPS! I'd much much much much rather deal with a larger computer chassis than put up with the hassle of fitting a @#$%& two-pound block behind the equipment!   When we upgraded the mini in our living room to the new style I shed a tear of joy as I extricated the power supply for the old one from the morass of cables and hurled it across the room.
  Remember that the One display uses a PenTile matrix so the resolution figure is misleading. There ARE that many pixels, but it takes 150% more of them to create the same image. Thus a 440ppi PenTile display is the equivalent of a 293ppi IPS screen while being slightly less sharp than a 293ppi IPS.   The iPhone screen is better in bright sunlight and draws less power allowing longer battery life.   Like everything else in life, every gain comes at the price of a...
  Lighten up, Francis. That's humor there son.   It really doesn't matter to me whether or not you share my opinion of the report or the article. Take what you want from my comments and dismiss what you don't. I'm not basing my opinion on vapor though, I'm struggling to come up with a single scenario in which that information would actually benefit someone.   I've seen some generalities about data gathering, but no specifics regarding how this information relates to data...
  I don't understand the significance. I think it's because the issue really isn't significant, but I'm willing to concede ignorance of the process if someone can demonstrate how knowing the ratio of operating systems browsing the web either benefits or hurts either Google or Apple. Since you used Google as an example, let's go with them. I present Google with a report that says iOS devices account for roughly twice as much web browsing as Android devices. As a Google...
  I don't doubt you. My point is that knowing that does nothing to improve your business, help with planning, teach you how to earn more money from home in your spare time or deal with the heartbreak of psoriasis. Accurate or not, it's a meaningless data point.
  I believe it would be a risky business strategy to draw a correlation between app consumption and web browsing history. I understand what you're saying and realize that it's just one data point among many, but it's really stretching the definition of "analysis" to draw the conclusion that iOS users are "more engaged" based on web browsing habits, especially when they're only tracking ten particular web sites.   Regarding development efforts aimed specifically at web...