or Connect

Posts by v5v

My bad. I haven't really looked into what's available on Android. Lemme rephrase my comment then: I would like a larger, wider screen with an aspect ratio that's less rectangular and more square than the current iPhone, perhaps 4:3. Whether or not anyone else does that, I find that form appealing.       I'm going to interrupt right there. With respect to those who try to deduce the number of large-screen phones in the wild from wildly inconsistent and imprecise...
  Don't current digital sensors capture more dynamic range than any film ever could?
  Me too, but I doubt I'll actually do it. Instead I'll probably just keep using my old iPhone 4 until somebody makes something exciting enough to pry open my wallet.   The reason I probably won't switch to Android is the same as why I won't buy an iPhone 5. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on something that isn't what I want. I don't really want an iP5 because it doesn't offer much improvement in the only area that I find the iP4 deficient (web browsing) and I...
  That's a disingenuous claim and you know it.   The Google numbers did not break down as you describe. They had OVERLAPS in thresholds at critical sizes. By their count, SOME 4.5" screens were counted as "Large" while OTHER 4.5" screens were counted as "Normal" (insert "WTF?!" here). That obviously invalidates the entire report, as there's no way to know if the "normal" range was populated with mostly 3.9" devices or mostly 4.9". For all we know from that report, there...
  I have no idea what this sentence means. "Out reduced orders?" Is that some kind of jargon specific to financial circles?       Huh? So, June 2014? "Next quarter" or "June quarter" make sense in the context of this story, but why would they be talking about the NEXT June quarter now?     What?! "Consequently?" Laird expects growth next quarter, which will cause Apple to update its product lineup? Or does Sam mean "coincidentally?"   Honestly, the writing in...
  Good truck, but limited visibility. Better make it 17". 
  Though BTO prices have improved somewhat in the last couple years, I don't think they've found their way into the realm of "reasonable" just yet. There's also some variability between models.   On the non-retina 15" it's $150 to upgrade the 500/5400 drive to a 750/7200. Aside from the upgraded drive costing only $75 on the shelf of any computer store anywhere, you don't get any credit for the stock drive. If you figure the stock drive is worth ~$50, the premium for...
  I could not disagree more.   A photographer with whom I work daily captures stunning images in the camera. What he does with Photoshop takes them from "excellent" to "art." I won't bore you with before-and-afters (mostly because I don't have any of the befores and would have to get them from him), but I can assure you that the computer step is actually worth it.   Depending on the shot he will vary color saturation, shift levels, slide tones and work the "grain" in ways...
  I am desperately clinging to my 2009 17" dspite the kybord starting to wear out and the absence of USB3 (which would be really handy for my use) in the faint hope that the larger screen will be resurrected before I'm forced to replace this one. I don't wanna give up a full quarter of what already feels horizontally cramped sometimes.