or Connect

Posts by v5v

Technique? I dunno, similar to the way I keep track of what's on various hard drives around the house I guess. What's to manage?       I take the one (or two) I might need for any given task or project on any given day.       I insert it.   If I don't have the right card with me, I either check if the file I want is on the cloud (if wireless service is available, which it often isn't in my circumstances, hence my desire for removable storage in the first...
  Not speaking for anyone else, let me put that one to rest by saying this:   The iPad is indisputably an overwhelming success.   I would like it more if it had a memory card slot and a real file system.   How's that? :)
  I'm glad to see Passbook is finally being used for something other than coffee and flying, but I still don't really get exactly what it's supposed to be and what need it's supposed to fill? Couldn't this have been just as easily accomplished via email? Text message?   I'm trying to understand what this whole Passbook thing is about, but I'm just not getting it. Of course, I'm just not that bright so it's no surprise...
  Hmm, so less expensive units are selling in numbers equal to the current model. In the United States yet, not India or China. That would seem to contradict those who argue that there is no need for Apple to offer a less expensive handset (whether that be in the form of a new, less expensive device or just a discounted older model).
New data from ChangeWave research published on Friday revealed that one in five consumers exhibit a willingness to buy anything Apple makes, whether or not they have any idea what it is or what it does.   "Sure, yeah, I'd buy one." confirmed 26-year-old Moe Ron. When asked what he'd do with it, the unemployed software interface designer replied, "I dunno... what does it do?"   33-year-old freelance fashion consultant Rave Sunshine immediately saw the benefit of...
  The "fact" is that I can introduce you to a CROWD of Android users who would disagree with you. They do SO know the difference. They either don't care or prefer one key feature, like the kiss-to-share thing or the big screen or whatever. Or, like in the case of my daughter, her feature phone broke in the middle of a carrier contract and her carrier doesn't offer the iPhone. They gave her a Galaxy 3S for next to nothing, while getting her into an iPhone would have meant...
  Oh. Never mind! :)   Here (Canada) the model is slowly shifting from outright subsidy to more of a "financing" model. The big carriers still do things the old way, but the newer and/or smaller carriers "advance" a phone to you, for which you pay $X/month until it's paid off. There seems to be a limit to how much they'll float though, so more expensive phones require a lump payment up front.
  Actually, the post to which I was responding was. It was specifically about the kind of people ("demographics") who buy Android devices.
  You missed one:   - People for whom a smartphone is not a status symbol, part of a larger "eco-system" or a large enough part of their lives to warrant spending a lot of money.   I know people who use their Android phone for email, SMS, voice calls, navigation and games who are perfectly happy. I know of two who perceive the larger screen of their Galaxy as having more value for them than the sharper screen of the iPhone would. A couple of them know that the iPhone is...
  I get what you're saying, but I don't know if I agree. If I had a serious section of my net worth tied up in Apple stock, and I really believed Tim was responsible for me losing a third of it, I'd not only detail my concerns on every investor forum I could find, I'd stand on the rooftop and yell! I think it's possible to be both passionate and wrong without being a troll! :)         I dunno, I actually kinda get it. Certain aspects of the direction Apple is taking...