or Connect

Posts by v5v

Our Slogan: "Looking like morons for over 30 years!"       "...and proud of it!"       WTF is a "Grammar Nazi?" That has to be one of the most offensive tags ever to be carelessly thrown around. First, to in ANY equate the actions of the Nazis and such a trivial matter is WAAAAAY out there and incredibly insensitive to the millions who suffered. Second, because it perpetuates a growing trend of contempt for literacy. Read the notes from a ship Captain in the 18th...
  Not necessarily. Last week many mainstream media sources reported the Apple iRing TV as if it were an announcement. Once something is on the wires, it's gospel. It is not at all inconceivable that several sources could misreport the value of a company. Be ESPECIALLY suspicious if they're all reporting the same number, because it means they're just re-reporting what someone else re-reported from someone else's mistake.   I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but I...
  Not yet. Despite Tim's vague hints, there still isn't anything to suggest we're actually getting one. If and when we do, THEN Kuo's roadmap will be bunk. At this point we don't know that he's wrong.
  May I humbly request that we not automatically refer to everyone with whom we disagree as a "troll?" Just because someone has a contrary opinion or alternative view does not mean they are a troll.   One can be both wrong and sincere! 
  I'm not sure I get what your point is here... Apple screws up product launches all the time, so more delays are nothing to worry about?   Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but if that IS the point, it's not terribly comforting.
  I don't know if it's possible to dumb it down enough without just getting rid reading altogether and replacing it with pictures on flashcards.
  Fair enough. I use my iPhone two-handed now so I guess I'm already conditioned to setting things down to use it.   As a respectful aside, not necessarily related to either single- or double-handed use, as someone who shares the space in which others' lives are lived, I wish like crazy you would put the damn phone AWAY when you're doing those things! I'm tired of executing gymnastic evasive maneuvers to avoid being run over by people who have their noses buried in a...
  Good examples, I'll buy that.   Personally, I'm willing to forego that benefit for the advantage of easier web browsing, typing and gaming. I can see why others might choose the opposite though.   Hey, here's a thought: why not make a slim, one-handed version for people who walk the dog in the rain at lunch time, and a bigger, two-handed model for fumble-fingered, half-blind, headset-wearers?   Nah, that would be as silly as offering computers in more than one form...
  WTF? Why on Earth would you care what kind of phone someone else uses? Seriously dude, you have an awfully high opinion of your own opinion. Do you "taunt" people who whose cars are a different color than yours? Or perhaps more closely related, buy a truck instead of a car? If it's not what YOU prefer the buyer is stupid? Wow.
  Uh, YEAH. When my clients are clamouring for a particular product, I try to provide it for them. In exchange, they provide me money.     How is it "respect" to tell me that I'm not capable of making good decisions and should leave it up to the manufacturer to decide for me what constitutes the "best" size? How is it disrespectful to respond to customers' express wishes with products that satisfy them?   If you don't like big phones, that's cool, don't buy them, but...