or Connect

Posts by v5v

Understood and LOL, but seriously, this one really is bad, isn't it? I'm sure some of it is due to my clinging to old technology (for reasons that are outside the scope of discussion in this thread I'm still using an iP4) but others with new hardware have trouble too so that can't be the only issue. This OS has REALLY slowed down my ol' 4 to the point that I sometimes get pissed off and want to stomp on it. I could accept that *IF* Apple gave me a way to back out and go...
 How much you wanna bet those prices were based on making identical purchases? A smart retailer knows to charge an Apple user twice as much as anyone else! Not only will (s)he pay it, (s)he'll argue that it's better because it cost more! 
 Anyone consider the possibility that maybe he was WRONG? Grab a MacBook Air. Place it close to you. Reach up and touch the screen as if you were sliding something off the screen or scaling an image. It feels perfectly natural -- certainly MUCH more natural than using a trackpad to perform the same operations.
 Over the last year or two I've described at least half a dozen (maybe more) ways that touch on a computer screen would be beneficial and convenient while you cling to ONE liability. You don't even acknowledge that your single objection is not even always an issue. You've already made it clear that you lack imagination and fear change. Please don't let that cause you to insult those who have the vision to appreciate more flexible use models.
 Hahaha! Right… let's see how that works out. (The following is all based on my actual experience over the last few weeks.) Week 1: Entered the contact information for Beazley & Co. into the address book. Created an appointment with Carl Beazley for next Tuesday. Tried adding the contact page into the appointment, but for some reason the calendar keeps substituting an arbitrary incorrect address. Week 2: Asked Maps to remind me where Beazley & Co. is located. It showed me...
I have an iPhone and wish like hell it for it to be the most popular device in the world so that access to platform-specific features will become ubiquitous, but I haven't yet become so desperate for affirmation of my choice that I find solace in something as meaningless as a report telling us that most of the smartphone web traffic comes from Apple devices. Big whoop. Its value as a usage data point is ZERO, people.   Talk use? SMS data? MMS data? FaceTime? Data...
 Is it really necessary to be insulting just to say you don't get it? We KNOW you don't get it. We don't EXPECT you to get it. We gave up on you being able to understand even such simple concepts a long time ago!  But seriously... I like making videos. The laptop I use to do that cost almost $4000 after BTO options, AppleCare and taxes. A basic Pro with a nice display would come in at about the same price and be MUCH better suited to the task. Oh, and if that Pro had a...
 It's not a question of whether government should have access to private information but the circumstances under which that access is allowed. Law Enforcement may enter my home and search for evidence of a crime, but to do so they have to convince a judge that there's a good reason to believe such evidence exists at that time and place. That introduces at least one layer of potential sober consideration, and notifies ME that I'm under investigation. Why should policies...
 Thank you!
 What is a CAN bus? I assume CAN is an acronym, yes? What's the full version, please?