or Connect

Posts by v5v

I'm still using my iP4 because I'm trying to vote with my wallet.   I'm dealing with the same conflict you are. I want a bigger screen, but I don't want to switch from iOS to Android. I haven't yet caved and bought a Samsung, but I haven't bought a new iPhone either. I realize the affect this has on shareholders, but hopefully Apple will eventually knuckle under to the pressure I'm putting on them and we can all get what we want.   I'm clinging to the faint hope that...
  The iMac release was certainly a contributor, but I wonder if some of the issues we've seen discussed here factored in too? Do we know notebook numbers for last year? Maybe buyers don't like the new designs. We also saw some sticker shock when the Retina machine came out so people may have decided the new machines are just too expensive. Then there are the Pro tower buyers who are obviously waiting on hold. Would they represent a large enough group to affect the...
  Yeah, point taken. That one was on purpose. He had it coming though. He was rude, deliberately confrontational, and worst of all, full of crap, so I called him on it.   I'll try not to let myself get sucked in. It's hard with guys like him though.
  I get that at work too, and all I can offer is an apology. Apparently my written communication takes on a "tone" that I don't intend. I'm frequently surprised to discover that people have taken exception to something I've written that I thought was completely benign.   I am trying to identify where I'm going wrong and hopefully am improving somewhat, but except for cases in which I was deliberately abrasive for comedic effect or calling out a blowhard, I apologize and...
  Sorry if I was unclear, I didn't mean my comment to address the quality of Apple or Google maps at all. I was simply responding to the suggestion that people who report problems with Apple Maps are paid Google operatives, which is right up there with JFK and 9/11 on the conspiracy theory scale.
  Not speaking for anyone else, but please indulge me and consider this position: I'm not an Apple hater. I'm not an Apple lover. I'm an Apple USER. Like you and everyone else, I paid a fairly hefty premium to procure those tools. As such, I have very high expectations of the supplier. Just like paying a prestigious lawyer more than the guy advertising on the bus bench, or buying a Mercedes instead of a Honda, my expectation is that the experience will be better than...
  No, I hadn't heard of those things. I wonder if it's possible that they were considered "news" because they're such an accomplishment over adverse circumstances and so unusual?   I do not mean to denigrate the iPad at all -- it's a great device -- but obviously the state of hardware, software and UI development (not to mention file management) is not yet to the point where using it for such tasks can realistically be expected to be a viable replacement for the status quo.
  Really? What is this, high school? It's okay for the clique of popular regulars to be insulting and dismissive, but if one of the grungy guys from the smoking pit says anything inconsistent with group dogma, "Ban him!"   Do what you gotta do I guess, but it seems like there's a double standard being applied.
  Okay big mouth. You think iPads are a useful tool for content creation? Show us how. Give me an example of a company that's in the business of creating content (like the "backward company" I work for), going through the various job functions -- audio, video, graphics, administration, finance, production, editing, writing, show planning, sales, security and any other department you can think of that I've missed -- and tell us exactly how ANY of those people are going to...
  You have GOT to be shittin' me. You really believe that? REALLY?! The THOUSANDS of people sharing their personal A-B comparisons are all Google shills? I wish I'd known that earlier. I haven't been getting my checks.   Seriously dude, you need more tinfoil in your hat.