or Connect

Posts by v5v

Yeah, all these people are just Chicken Littles. People have nothing better to do than make up bullshit and post it on forums because... um, because, uh, what exactly would be their motivation to do that again? What's the payoff for doing that?   So, according to you, unless someone can comb 100% of the data across the entire planet and quantifiably prove a higher fault rate, it's a lie, huh? You can spend your life with your head buried in the sand (or wherever you've...
  <*Sigh*> Seriously? The test was in one of the most widely documented/cartographed areas of the world that also just happens to be APPLE'S OWN BACK YARD. You don't think that colors the results? Honestly?   Further, for every person that wrote, "It still doesn't work in my area" there was one who wrote, "It works fine here, too."   Finally, why is it so difficult for you to believe that perhaps there are areas of the country... continent... PLANET that may not be well...
  That's still true. I looked at what people use their computers for where I work, and the bulk of it is running proprietary software with multiple simultaneous users, written for Windows, that is very keyboard intensive. There's no way to replace those seats with iPads, and even if it WAS possible, it wouldn't be a good idea because typing is comparatively slow and awkward on a touchscreen device.
  No, I did NOT say it's a Jobs vs. Cook thing, nor did I say that everything was perfect before. All I said was that things seem, to us, to be getting worse. Your mileage may vary.
  If I buy a MacBook Pro and want to use my existing Firewire drives I need an adaptor. If I want the speed of a wired ethernet connection I need an adaptor. You get the idea.   For whatever it's worth, I feel the same way godrifle does. "It just works" has become a running joke around here, as lately lots of things haven't:   - The firmware update failed on two out of three Airports ("An error occurred. The device will just quit working now. Sorry.")   - One of our...
  A faster processor will reduce the amount of time spent waiting for complex filters to render, but the difference won't be night and day, more like late afternoon to early evening. If you plan on batch processing files with multiple filters the multithreading of the i7 will be beneficial (faster), but otherwise you'll probably never notice the difference over the i5.   The only concern I'd have is editing large images on a small screen. I find that one of the most...
  Yeah, I see elsewhere in the thread how you use a passive-agressive form of "opinion" to sanitize your criticisms of other people's needs, wants and opinions. I like this new tactic though -- changing the subject and shifting the focus to attacking others to divert attention from what you wrote is a refreshing change for you.   The fact is that saying that you see no need for a decent GPU because YOU'VE never needed one is ridiculous.   Your posturing as a misunderstood...
  Yay for you. You don't *DO* anything other than punch text on your machine. You sound like a guy standing at a race track arguing that there's no need for anything more than a 98 horsepower 4-banger for carrying groceries. True, but completely irrelevant to those whose needs are CONSIDERABLY more demanding.
  I don't know how you're coming up with the starting price going up by $125, but it's probably no less valid than my imaginary numbers and it's a purely hypothetical argument anyway so why not.   I don't think it would play out quite the way you describe, but there doesn't seem to be much point debating it any further because we seem firmly entrenched in opposing positions on a fundamental issue: that Apple should expect to realize +40% gross margins. I think that's...
  Not true. A decent Class 10 SD card is, in my experience, superior to the on-board flash storage used in handheld devices.