or Connect

Posts by v5v

That's not the part that's bothering me. It's when you take your thumb out of your mouth and go BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH.   I understand that you don't like me and I'm okay with that. I just wish you didn't find it necessary to take shots at me every single time I post. If you don't want to engage in useful discussion, please, block me, ban me or just ignore me and shut the hell up.
  Since I don't seem able to block you the way I have Soli, may I humbly request that you block me from your feed please? I think it'll be better for everyone if we just don't cross paths at all.
  So is this a recognized "issue" that Apple is working to correct or that's just the way it is, either live with it or don't buy it?
  But, as some of us keep trying to impress on the naysayers, IT'S NOT JUST A PHONE!!! It's a portable computer. For many (most?) of us, voice calls represent a fraction of what we do with the device. About the ONLY measure by which one might conclude one-handed use is preferable is holding it to the side of your head, which again, many of us don't do anymore anyway because we have headsets for that. For just about ANY other use, from navigation to typing, accuracy and...
  So then why the hell are you stating opinions about what's appropriate for others? That's like someone who doesn't cook poo-pooing a larger oven!       The world is not a place of black/white absolutes. There is an infinite spectrum of compromises, one of which will be the absolute sweet spot, and all around it will exist a range called "close enough." There's a lot of room between a 4" 16:9 and your reductio ad absurdum case.
  WICKED cool! I'm impressed by both the UI design and the ability to integrate physical objects.   Now, gimme that with Mac OSX and an app for controlling Pro Tools and I will sell my car to have it! :) That's just about the perfect size for a console-equivalent controller.
  But that's like designing a hockey stick so it can be used with just one hand. First, while you do sometimes hold it in one hand, most of the time you're better off using two. Second, making it good for one hand reduces it's overall usability so it's self-defeating. Sure, there are some who prefer to keep one hand free for... whatever it is they do with that hand, but most people are perfectly happy to use two hands on the device. Most people I know with iPhones use two...
  That's not what I said. I said I bought from Apple for the convenience and so that they couldn't use a tired old excuse for avoiding tech support issues. In the past they have refused to help because one of the devices involved in the process wasn't theirs. I paid extra to close that loophole. I *DO* believe that it was overpriced, but don't believe I had a choice. Well, okay, I had a choice between paying an exorbitant price for an optical drive or giving up any hope...
  Except that it can't lie flat because it's a bowl. That's why some argue that a better design might be to make a machine that's a consistent depth all the way across rather than thin at the edges and fat in the middle. This would then have the spin-off benefit of creating an edge space for ports on the side where they're easier to get at rather than on the back where they're less visible but also less accessible, and would actually impede laying it flat.   Of course,...
  I'd accept that. That's not what he wrote, though, and after the way you beat the hell outta me for failing to completely qualify and defend what I intended as an innocuous, off-the-cuff remark, I expect you to hold TS to the same standard! :)   But seriously, I'm mostly just arguing for the fun of it. I get the point and actually agree with TS, even if I was the sucker who paid too much. I just wish we would all apply the same common sense when discussing Apple designs...