or Connect

Posts by lightknight

Definitely not. This is the definition of democracy. "Dictatorial power" might more be "an individual or junta" controlling the individual decisions of everyone else. Democracy is the government laying out rules for people to live together well, which includes their personal decisions if they conflict with other people's freedoms or security. See my previous comments about planes, cars, smoking etc.
In public zones, yes, most definitely. Actually, France wants to extend that not-limited-to-the-USA-ban to personal cars where children are on board. I think it complements Marvin's answer.
Kayak fishing tutorials?
Well, several big 3D modeler softwares require the numpad to work at maximum efficiency. Yesterday, I bought two new keyboards for my guys for exactly that reason. (Also, we have problems with the MacPro, and I have to say, the Irish support team is outstanding).
Actually, on an iMac, it's probably a tight sell on that last criterium. It is a SLOW component, for sure. Bulky, hell yes. Goes with cheap and TB-size, though. Reliable? SSD is not reliable for that long compared to a HDD. Of course, you want real reliability, you get microfilms, or slabs of granite that you engrave and store in a cave covered in nice and dandy clay.
I feel like saying "don't worry, he's thick enough". But he might find it a bad pun.
 Well, here you enter the shady domain of "Private-Owned Public Services". This American idea has been imported to Europe over the last 20 to 30 years years, with at least in France, the Netherlands, and from what I hear from some UK friends, England, with the net effect of an increase in price, a loss of service, and ridiculous profits for the stock-owners. I actually believe that anyone NOT investing in them is making a massive mistake, they're tax-fed, forced on the...
I totally second this. Governments are us the people (or should be, unless they're tampered with by excessively liberal systems). They're good. Also, taxes are schools for children, medical care for those who can't afford it, huge projects of research of no direct benefit for a company (and hence, not going to be funded by investors), expensive utilities such as electricity or water in zones where they're not profitable. Also, if utilities are profitable, then they should...
@disturbia last time I checked, construction deals can go very nastily wrong.
This. Also, I find very telling how polarising the news seems to be, with highly respectable posters professing very different views. The core seems to be a debate between individual freedom versus social freedom, corporate culture and social responsibilities, and a general view on human behaviour. Also, I think that the role of grandparents gets heavily neglected in this debate. From what I can see around me, the best people have had both great parents and great...