or Connect

Posts by lightknight

Yesterday, Apple's health app on the Apple watch restarted it. I've also seen the iPhone and iPad reboot on some third party apps crashing (fast reboot, btw, less than 5 seconds, not complete reboot, but still shows the Apple logo).I'm still wondering what is really going on, because it feels like some security feature that kicks in after a "dramatic os event". I'd bt on the UI layer crashing, being detected as frozen and restarted, like you can restart Finder (or even the...
Note from Europe: seen from here, Americans are pretty much all "right winger's". It seems the leftist part of American politics stands somewhere between our extreme-right and the right of our moderates, though it's probably impossible to map politics point-to-point an ocean apart ^^
"Ever since Continuity features brought cross-platform compatibility in iOS 8 and Yosemite, it seems that an unnecessary number of devices alert us to every phone call and iMessage. Noises come from our iMac, iPhone and iPad, all at the same time." Hell, yes. This is my main grip with Apple, given the 12 Apple devices in the room... My sister sends a series of Skype messages to my gf and I in a group chat? Horror. It also makes the Watch beep And if it was only Skype,...
Oh, I guess it makes sense... Thanks for explaining :)
Wow, there are people who actually think the milanese is not "proper"? I like mine (appearance wise, at least).
Yeah, that's what i mean. I guess I need to work on my "phrasing things in a non-confrontational way" skills...
Yes, that's my point. I mean, as an investor, an opponent or as an analyst, I'd be pretty interested in knowing whether or not Apple (or others) can pull off a full-sapphire screen, have an idea of the costs involved, as well as the trade-offs.Let's assume Apple would source enough crystal for a low enough price, then a logical marketing tactic for Samsung or HTC could be to market how much better their screens look, due to using Corning's Gorilla Glass 9 (or whatever)....
Well, I think what he says is pretty correct, looking at mine. Also, it doesn't matter. It's a Watch, not a TV or computer or even phone.  I do think however that his point is "using sapphire on an iphone 7S is not happening". Maybe I misunderstood...
Same here. I want access to the Watch Face API though. Some are downright frustrating. Why can't I put the temperature and the battery state, as well as my server's status (as coloured dots) on the gorgeous flower-watchface? On an unrelated note, I'm starting to get a slight rash from the link-mail band. I thought Apple had done all sorts of anti-allergenic tests, so i'm a bit perplexed... Worst case I'll go in and argue my way into an exchange, I guess... Not going to...
I should have bought two, now I have one and not my partner. Who will I send heartbeats to? :) Note: I know people who are very happy with their Moto360.  I'm very happy without, but you shouldn't assume that everyone will "drool with envy". Some people just have different tastes.