or Connect

Posts by lightknight

Mercedes already sells self-parking cars. My cousin's got one. He's not letting me drive it though, it doesn't have autopilot. :p
I can only agree with this, it is after all the fundamental rule of our regulated capitalist world ^^
I understand your point. It is an interesting question, but I feel that, overall, you'll just end up paying a higher price for each element you consume instead of a bulk price for a package where you don't consume everything. Companies will have to stay profitable. Whether or not, as a person, you end up spending less or more will probably depend more on the price points and the competition in the market than on your own buying habits. Wouldn't it work out the same way as...
You are right, I might be wrong about my guess. It is totally possible that no one is subsidizing, in a direct or indirect manner, the way you live. It is also possible that, even though you may not be aware of it, someone, somewhere, has had to work even a minute more yesterday for you to be able to spend the last few minutes on the Internet. One simple guess: your country is not currently engaged in a civil war caused by another country interested in their oil supply, at...
An interesting question. I would say answer "tell me why I should subsidize your way of life"? You know, the economy is a vastly interconnected mesh of interacting interests. My work subsidizes your way or life. Yours sustains mine. My preferred shows may not be yours, but the fact we both have different tastes enables big companies to actually cater to both of us.  This egoist reaction you have is likely to destroy both our ways of life. I'm reacting a bit harshly, and I...
@Rogifan The way I've understood content would tell me that a consequence of this line of thought is, since MTV is the moneymaker (one of the bigger ones), you'll end up watching only that. The expensive, not-watched-by-everyone-and-their-dog, interesting programs that you're interested in (or at least, that I am interested in) are apparently paid for by the revenues of thing like MTV. Even though they're not making as much money, or possibly just breaking even, they're...
I just want to preorder.   Also, I caved in. My iPhone 6+ is great.
Most patents, software or hardware, should be tossed on the grounds that they are obvious. Every bloody day, I hear of a "patent" on an idea some guy in the company suggested at some point in the previous years. Techniques should be patentable. Bloody ideas? Nope.
The scary part is, a good part. I know people who have NEVER been outside of a 30km radius around their house in 70 years...
Exactly my point. If it kills the MBA line, I really need to upgrade to the latest MBA with all options. Mine anyway is close to three years old now.If they keep one around, then it depends on which one they keep ^^