or Connect

Posts by lightknight

If I may add, just as with Greece entering the Union, there were political considerations at play. The Austrian Empire a casualty of WWI, there was a power vacuum in the East, that the capitalist economies on the west saw dangerously getting filled by the young Soviet Union. The British Empire, and colonial France were vying for power still, and America of course was re-starting its massive increase in political and industrial power after the 1921 crisis. None of the big...
And that is the core problem, the main reason for everyone posturing "oh, we would NEVAH do things as Greece did". If I remember right, Tax Evasion is twice Euroland's debt, and the black economy is 30% at least of the standard economy. Germany itself, not to mention The Netherlands, is not as healthy as it would like people to think, and its "local industry" is made of a lot of assemblers of parts made in the East of Europe or China. Under calls for austerity in Greece...
Well, I hope I was civil! I admit I understand your feelings, though. Technology (especially with crowdfunding nowadays) can get really frustratingly delivered. Between failures, targets not met, or features undelivered... Sometimes, it feels like some companies advertise a product they know is going to be designed by someone else, sit on the money, and once it does exist, package and deliver to you years late :p
 I expect I wasn't clear enough.  My point was exactly "I suspect a Greek needing even 200GB of iCloud storage has an income well above that minimum wage." If you have such income, you probably also have the know-how that should push you to have a bank abroad, especially when things start looking bleak. That's why I told the story of my student friends. Also, a bit of perspective:  I'm Western European, I have a normal salary, I own several Macs and iPads and an iPhone,...
 Well, Britney does raise the temperature (at least, she used to).Also, I have not seen your wife. Please post a video, maybe she does raise the temperature.Don't thank me. I just enjoy explaining Siri's logic.  And use the Internet to communicate on AppleInsider with like-minded individuals. Oh, wait. That's what we do.  Early-adopter woes. If you want to avoid these, avoid early-adopter products altogether. This is part of the game, man... Light a joint* and lean back....
I think Apple is doing this exactly as they should. I've done some tinkering with home automation, and I'm all too aware of security risks. If it brings money in slower, so be it. The last thing we'd want is some huge scandal because some third party devices bring in security issues.   Imagine if some thief got to log in to your house, or if some grief maker caused your kitchen to burn, due to your advanced Apple-HomeKit kitchen-and-door-system (by...
Very true, not to mention that those users who'd have lost data would have been angry at Apple, even though this would just have been "business". Keeping people happy is good business. Small anecdote, when I was a student I had several students from Eastern countries in my building, and they all shared two characteristics. For one, they came from "affluent" families there, who could afford to send their children abroad or had the connections to secure funding. Second, all...
While your information is valuable, I'm a bit perplexed as to why these would be related. 1- NYT refuses to include Senator Cruz's novel (sorry, I meant book) on their best-seller list, citing reasonable-souding reasons (true or not).2- NYT gets called out on "liberal bias" (true or not)3- Amazon states that they do not see "bulk sales", which gives credence to the liberal bias explanation but doesn't make it true.After all, it could be that most people buying on Amazon...
LOL, I hope not. Reading through the article, though, it sounds bad. Having people with an obvious bias at the helm is a serious issue for a Justice Department.  It wouldn't be OK to task a Department headed by an avowed racist in charge of investigating a racial issue, how can it be fine to have a known Amazon apologist in charge of a department looking into Amazon/Apple abuse of monopolistic position (or in Apple's case, abuse of potential monopolistic position)? Maybe I...