or Connect

Posts by lightknight

So looking forward to a prosumer Appladobe CS Suite. Not.
Why is it illegal to resell or own stolen hardware, but not stolen information? Those leaks always feel damaging to Apple...
Only worth if my opinion is exactly that. I think if Apple releases an iWatch, it will be positioned as a luxury item. I think that the gen0 features will be basic, but so slick it will be revolutionary. Gen1 will bring three "missing" features and make it faster and gen3 will add previously-unknown-to-be-unmissable features and a form factor change. To me, MCK's predictions seem gen3 if not gen5, like predicting a 64bit processor in iPhone. True now, but not on gen0.
Nitpicking much? You have to admit that Windows 7 is a good release, and it's an odd number. Works for my theory.Besides, it's irrelevant, Linux will soon take over the world ;)
Interesting fact. The timing of XP's end of life might play a role in these "forced updates", but then again, how many big businesses run in-house flavours of Windows anyway? I sure have seen several. As for the iPad, that's my point exactly ^^
Entirely true. They would be stupid to base decisions involving millions (or any money, for that matter) based on a statistical rule that has been true in the past. However, Windows 8, like all previous even number releases, is a flunk. It's unlikely this one gets chosen after that rigorous process you describe.
It's just a cost to running operations in China. They sell for billions of smartphones in Greater China, and on top of that they get cheap labor for building them. A "small" check to the appropriate officials and "blatantly-infringed" companies doesn't matter on the grand scale of things. Also, if you look at business in Europe, Russia, America... you know, we're talking of places where "interesting" things like Monsanto, l'Oreal, or British Petroleum (oh, them. I don't...
@gatorguy This might be just to word things in a chinese-friendly way. Cook understands their need to "save face".
I strongly doubt that. Any business worth its IT department, advisor, consultant or in-house semi-geek knows the even rule: Microsoft does bad odd-number OSes, and worse even-number OSes. So tmo, it's "Windows 7/9 will be 'good enough'", rather than 8. You're welcome to correct me if you have other information, but anything by IDC or Gartner doesn't count, obviously. *They* think iPad is probably finally going to come out of that unexpected turn of events where fools...
Wonderful work. Don't forget that all the work that Apple does here with the LiquidMetal guys is reusable by them for any non-tech-industry related uses, such as, Space Race, Lifesaving rovers, farm drones or whatever else. I foresee here tremendous improvements to life quality in the future.