or Connect

Posts by lightknight

The problem is, we are tech people here, but you'd be amazed at what regular people believe. We live in a sort of bizarre world where TV serves the role of the local priest in ages past, serving easy-to-swallow thoughtbites to people, and where religion is a cult to machines, I sometimes think. A bit earlier today, the office lady at the reception was talking about the new iPhone which is way too big and breaks when you put it in your pockets, and it's even worse my dear...
And then the first company to build such a "fronted" could claim 30% and get you out if they acquire a competitor to your product or go in your business. Or if states build it, the country who owns the frontend has an advantage (the way the USA currently has an advantage by owning the Internic). or if it's international, the bigger fundraiser has an advantage like the USA has with the World Trade Organization and Europe has with the IMF. Hard to make fair systems that also...
Of course, you're right about retail, I was more concerned about the tech company part. From an external point of view, it might look like Apple just forced a company to renounce their rights by threatening them to destroy their sales. That would be... bad.
Buying.
Only risk is that given the size of Apple (biggest tech company in the world, right?) and the way the expand (payment services, music store, app store, and now Beats), starting to NOT carry their competitors, especially former partners that helped them obtain this image of luxury they rightly deserve... it might remind the regulator of Microsoft and Internet Explorer. You know, monopoly position allowing you to kill your competitors by not featuring them anymore in the...
  Well well, see who's getting down to ad hominem now. Point made I guess.
My gf is furious about iOS8, and my boss updated yesterday against his own opinion, and right now is complaining about sluggishness. As for me, I'm experiencing very unpredictable behaviour on my iPad Air. I believe iOS 8 is not among the best releases from Apple, through the observations I can make from my limited perspective, but then again I expect updates to solve things fast, so I'm not very concerned. Also, Xcode is very irritating in the new release, but some...
The comparison is relevant in that it demonstrates you can actually see anything as "theft" if your assumptions, as yours on this, are wrong. I'm not saying my assumptions are right, mind you, just that there are other options out there.As for "it's pretty clear", obviously it's not clear at all, since there is "debate". You also clearly ignored the very undeniable quote I made of the State of Massachusetts rule about mail. Could it be you don't appreciate being proven...
Correct. Apple's board should be put in prison for stealing the idea of a tablet from Star Trek.* /s Obviously, "theft" is a very complicated definition, because it hinges*** on the definition of "property", which even American lawmakers don't always agree** on. In a world where anything you receive by mail is YOUR PROPERTY, this guy stole nothing. No theft if it's his. It's his. HIS, but only if the laws in his location state that anything you receive by mail is YOUR...
 That was a honest question, actually. Don't assume people are native speakers, because some are not ^^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_Girls gives me "references to 80's pop culture", was that your point?