or Connect

Posts by lightknight

Actually, gender can be changed nowadays. And, at the cost of sounding even more insane than I already do... I believe that some day, we'll also be able to change race. We'll switch bodies like we switch clothing nowadays, staying forever young, but not forever male and caucasian, or female and asian, or whatever combination suited you the previous day.
I did not mean that much to be honest, just the fact that being a woman is grounds enough to be discriminated against, which is pretty clear from the data that came out through gamer gate.  Quite obviously, in the western world, gay people are still discriminated more violently against than women are, but discrimination against women is subtle and vicious. Your scientific article might be refused when a man's would have been accepted. Your chance of being hired might be...
Ewww. I'm afraid this falls under "irreconcilable differences". Enjoy your day, I'll enjoy my night. And then I'll go back to my gay friendly company and enjoy my day, knowing that thankfully, people who risked their lives and sometimes lost it to make our world better have earned me this environment. Kudos to them, not to you.
"Human rights" is political by nature. I'm flabbergasted at the way people now use the word "political". Hell, anything that concerns the public sphere, the management of the "polis", is "political". Human rights are political. Gay rights are political. Any rule applied by a government, a "law" or a "decree" or a "treaty", is "political". Anything that causes public debate and could transform into a law or decree or treaty is political. That simple.
Also, you being in Switzerland... I have many friends earning high salaries there who have to live in Germany/France because so many Swiss will only rent to Swiss people. Discrimination is an evil that hides everywhere.
Americans make too much out of it, but that's exactly why he decided he had to share it with the world. Also, being French, I was ashamed when my country had the whole gay marriage debate and so many people showed to still harbor such outdated, medieval thoughts. Cook's declaration force these people to crawl back in their holes instead of pretending that "normal people aren't gay" and all that crap.
I wish you were wrong, but I'm very afraid. There is a study about that indian city in the US desert somewhere that went empty, and it basically says "as years went by, two communities formed that started disposing each other up to the point they self-destroyed through civil war". Maybe we're just a broken species that evolved wrong somewhere...
@rogifan I think they: 1- know each other 2- are friends. I don't think Clinton knows you, does he?   Also, @auxio if you look up #gamergate on google, you'll find being a straight woman is grounds for discrimination.   Little white male rant coming up: Actually, even being WHITE MALE is grounds for discrimination, like being a white male farmer in West Africa. Few are still there, most left losing everything. We humans aren't very good with not discriminating the...
I believe that you can't refuse paper money stamped by the United States of America, in America. I might be mistaken though.
Nice username, but I guess it's unrelated to the seed bank ^^