or Connect

Posts by lightknight

That's a very american point of view actually. Europeans, and chiefly Asians, have a different view on this in particular. I recently went to  several theater plays (an old art form, with live actors performing on a stage)  in Paris. The plays were 100 to 400 years old. They were art and they were enjoyable. The american public would see them as moldy and outdated.   That's why globalization is a bad thing, erasing local preferences. Of course, this is an opinion...
How the hell did I miss that...
This.   It anyway fits in the whole point I've been making that Apple's success is less about appearance (even though what they build is gorgeous), or innovation, than it is about simplicity. Time Capsule is a (quite expensive) very nice exemple of that: buy it, click three buttons, forget about it until the day you need it.
Yep. Exactly what I said. You probably should go back to SamsungInsider, you'd be better there.   Edit: I wasn't aware you're DED himself. Thanks for taking the pain to flame me, I appreciate it ;)
It's one of the big issues with that type of business. If you give the business the ability to act as they do, they rip people off the way we see. If you don't, they can't adapt and may die. I don't think there is a solution... but I'm not too disquieted about the ability of ATT execs to drive expensive cars. I hope one of them owns a Tornado.   (Come on, come on... Tornado... De la Vega...)
Waaa, come on, you're spoiling the fun. I was going to put a North Korean iPad in that guy's hands...
American Carmaker Honda???   Edit: ThinkKnot beat me to it. Still, the end of the article is wrong... it should be:   The other American companies that have announced plans to support American technology Siri Eyes Free are American BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Toyota, and Chrysler. All hail our glorious leader.
1- And rightly so. Having been forced to work with these as a programmer, and to be honest STILL being forced to maintain existing systems, I'd revive them just for the opportunity of killing them again. 2- That's a very true definition of "revolutionary", but I'm afraid it's not the one that most people use when they say "Apple's revolutionary". It would, after all, make Microsoft a much more revolutionary company than Apple, since they pretty much redefined the PC...
No, that's right. CERN* invented the web, the microcomputer comes from Lannion, "we"** built the fastest commercial liner, the biggest one, the fastest passenger train, the smallest nuclear aircraft carrier (which may, or may not, be a good thing, but a cool one nonetheless), and single handedly built satellite launchers back when the space race was on. It does make France slightly relevant, if clearly not the center of the universe.   You're anyway missing the point,...
Damned... I waited too long :p