or Connect

Posts by lightknight

TS: yeah, but is June 12 in May this year? Huh? Ask Wall Street ^^
@jetz: please, please sell
We definitely agree on that, I was just disputing the "logic" of blaming Android (hence Google) for handsetmakers/telcos having customized software for customized hardware that they do not apply Google's security updates to.   Apple's obviously the financially sound strategy (unless you're Wall Street, but their logics are outworldy).
Agreed, makes perfect sense especially if instead of one device a year they have a waterfall of phones...
Sorry, but you misread me, i'm afraid, TS. ----> Originally Posted by lightknight  An iPhone (original) with the original OS is also running security risks.   I did not add any condition whatsoever. If you nowadays take a brand new iPhone (first version), that sat in a box for several years, and don't install the updates, hence "An iPhone (original) with the original OS" (as I said), you're running a security risk. It proves my point, fair and square: any OS (phone, or...
This sounds like Law Enforcement should get involved...
Well, why TS? iPhone 1 with no security updates is hackable, that seems to me to prove my point? If it doesn't, maybe I'm overlooking something obvious...  Besides, "dangerous" it is not. Stupid, it might be, but I don't fear making a fool of myself, worst case I learn something ^^ Dangerous... will AppleInsiders send armed thugs to beat me up? I don't think so :D
No, I was very unclear again sorry...    It's because of telcos that Android doesn't get updated: Google pushes the updates all right, so they're not to blame. Apple's level of control is, in my opinion, too high (even though, as a user, it's fine for me, but the dichotomy of being a user and a power-user cannot escape you).   I think it's more to have a business where you let others sell clones of your product and call it the same (Android), where it might be better to...
  1- I guess it's also true for the KGB ^^ 2- Kind of like spies referring to their guys as "agents" and the opponent as "spies"? 3- Back in 1910, such a thing as the FBI was an impossibility. Then it became possible, and the relationship between Nazi ideology support in America and the creation of the FBI is a bit scary. Hopefully, the FBI is now a perfectly functional body of pure, efficient agents of free thought and democracy protecting American citizens. (at least in...
My guess: because Apple doesn't want people to have "varying behavior of Siri". Either Siri is there, or Siri is not there, but Siri able to answer complex questions or not depending on network would probably stress Average Joe, and Apple hates that!