or Connect

Posts by lightknight

"Uses". Listing it after a company fails to adequately protect it is already a very different ballgame. Worse, the big issue is that the "hacker" did NOT publish the list of users. AT&T did. He just repeated it under a different form.   I cannot understand why his lawyer did not get him off.
If AT&T did not care to react to his warning, yes he had to. That's how security works, sadly, due to lazy big corporations.
And? Shows that Apple is proactive on fixing bugs and security holes... Apple moving towards a strategy more similar to Linux's than to Microsoft's seems a very, very good thing to me.   Or you'd rather have like one security patch a decade?
Apple gets free security analyses, which means that these holes that would anyway have been found by black hats (think Mafia, Russia, Chinese, secret services etc) are one risk less for everyone...   Bottom line, Apple has class, style and flair.
AT&T, that's the way to behave. Take notes please. 41 years of prison --> wrong behavior. Giving credits and fixing the flaw --> correct behavior. Should be simple enough to remember.
Well, that's actually rather true. The point is, Apple waits until a feature is polished and refined enough before pushing it, Android just pushes it and hopes it gets better. It doesn't seem trolling to me, more like failure to see why Apple would do this, and why the general public would benefit from such an approach, rather than the "tinkerer oriented" Android approach...
Whoah, the classic "I failed but won't admit it, so i consider the discussion closed because I made an ass of myself". Anyway, bye bye, hfts. Enjoy your stay at SamsungInsider!
Heh. Case in point, water.   What would be the point of pointing out that water has four solid states (one of which is only achievable through so much pressure that it's exclusively theorical: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1106.1941.pdf) if you have to explain all the equations on an Internet board?  Television teaches people to grossly approximate, which is what he did, I think. In absolute, he's right thinking that heat will "usually" break chemical bonds, but approximating...
I think that the people who're so happy sending that poor sod to prison would benefit from a few years behind bar themselves. Of course they'll deny it, but applying their rules to themselves, the FBI can ALWAYS find enough reason to put you behind bars... Nobody's perfect enough to live free ;)
Yes, I agree with that part. The "hacker" gets a massive sentence (that's life destroying, quite obviously), and AT&T, a big company making billions, gets off the hook even though THEY failed to protect their users?   That guy found a leak and publicized it, after warning the company and giving them time to solve it. Read the computer security certifications, and you'll find this is the correct behavior (along with numerous warnings that US law is dangerous and ends up...