or Connect

Posts by lightknight

It does seem to be the one announced by Christ though. As usual, religion is just as complex as human beings, and hence just as cruel, but also just as generous. Anyway, having today discovered a story (through the National Post, so... worth whatever the Post is...) where the Canadian founder of an asylum house for beaten up men suicided after being harassed by feminists (Earl Silverman), stating that he was a former victim and had been treated like a criminal. In his...
Are you going to make a SolipsismZ at some point? Also... isn't it a bit self-defeating to have multiple Solipsisms? (That one's been bugging me for _SO_ long...)
This is not correct. It is a widely held thought, though, but it is not correct. The reason why pork/shellfish is considered not casher/halal is because ruminant animals should have cloven feet, but not non-ruminants. Pig's not ruminant, therefore it doesn't fit in the classification, therefore it comes from the demon.It's a stupid reason that itself comes from Ancient Egypt, from my understanding, but not from health reasons. Shellfish, likewise, belong to two domains,...
You could also be asexual, bisexual, or somewhere else on the sliding scale. Why should we put humans in a box based on a 6000 years old tradition, later put in written form by politicians (yes, the Bible (Old Testament) was designed to enforce the rule of the Kings of Israel, at a point when Israel was a world power)? 
Heard of America? It's a place where the NSA, a local enforcement agency of sorts, has a complaint about Apple putting children at risk for not allowing them to read all iMessages. "This puts kids at risk" is often a very clear sign you're trying to force in some rule/law that should not be there. But not always. That's what we have a critical mind for.
Impressive! Also, I believe it's incorrect to state there is a fiduciary obligation to shareholders. Unless I'm remembering my (admittedly pretty weak and faraway in past) stock market courses, a shareholder vote session is all you need to confirm a CEO's position, even if said position has a negative impact on the share value.
I totally agree!I believe there is another elephant in the room though, which is the one raised by Branson. USA != World.In other words, how will  Russia, Islamic Republics and other potentially unit-gay, anti-women countries react to this news? Will Apple be kicked out of Putinland? I just checked and Wikipedia states China is pro-gay, with the state media having already favorably covered gay weddings. I'm impressed.Anyway, my point here is, women might be "almost equal"...
Well, I can only tell you about my friends' experience, not about the statistical situation. I guess only the government knows that? Anyway, I wasn't bashing on the Swiss, it's a nice country with nice people, and some of my friends even married Swiss people, so I don't have much of a choice anyway. Friends are too precious to let any kind of prejudice take control ;) I especially like Basel [out of the Fasnacht (how noisy can it get during? Too noisy for me, for sure).] I...
Lol, I sure hope I'm not a contrarian!Also, I agree with you on that!
Actually, gender can be changed nowadays. And, at the cost of sounding even more insane than I already do... I believe that some day, we'll also be able to change race. We'll switch bodies like we switch clothing nowadays, staying forever young, but not forever male and caucasian, or female and asian, or whatever combination suited you the previous day.