or Connect

Posts by lightknight

Very good point too! My gf was also very annoyed at me for deleting her games so she may install iOS8, which she is very unhappy with... Now, GameCenter means she has her progress saved fine, but try explaining that ^^(Her iTunes is unavailable because she's out-of-town for six months, and she did not take the 27i iMac in her bag, obviously ^^' which makes a nice point: iPad OS updates that require a quarter of your device  to be free imply your iPad cannot be your primary...
I think he has a very good point. My girlfriend is livid about iOS8 (I made her install it , so I can tell you for sure I hear of it daily...) and my boss, boss's wife, and colleagues are all waiting for "a known release with no problems".The BendGate was ridiculous, but the real "gate" scandal was the iOs8-gate. Now, I fully expect this to resolve itself very fast, as soon as Apple pushes out a fast release of iOS with no issue, but for now, "normal people" are waiting...
If it is not broken, don't fix it?
Yeah, of course you're right, but "in general, AppleInsider readers take the side of either party who is lower on their Apple-hates-em list", the first of which would include Assange unless he criticises Apple.
Hah, suddenly Ai readers defending Assange because he's against Google on that one. Lovely.
Agreed for cheddar, would avoid some "interesting" Dutch imitations (even though, I recently bought Camembert made in the NL. I was wondering what was so wrong until I figured out it only had the name). BBC makes Apples round ;)  I am, indeed, conflating both these agreed-rules-of-trade-and commerce. It is exactly where we have different opinions, and to my opinions they are all the more valid debates that even Benjamin F. (Franklin, not Frost) himself was first in favor...
 Well, seems we can't come to an agreement here. "Apple and iPhone are just a name", why should that be protected? Come to that, why should Intellectual Property be protected, or even Property while we're at it. It's just objects made of matter, or ideas, and everyone has a plain right to that matter by virtue of being born. This reasoning does make sense, as much as "it is just a region", I'll admit it. However, in order to have capitalism and civilization AS WE KNOW IT...
@asdad: you're right, that region is called Champagne. But I agree with you. We should all be allowed to make cheap knock-offs. I'm sure Samsung will be delighted to sell the SApple iPhone. I'm going to call my company yard "California', create an Apple B.V. and start selling "Designed by Apple in California" hardware, maybe? /s I don't quite agree with retroactive tax/laws (it's just retarded), but basically blaming countries on defending their cultural, industrial and...
As usual, a remarkable piece by Neil Hughes. 'nuff said.
oO No comment, monkey boy.