or Connect

Posts by lightknight

But but... Android users are losers! /s
Actually, it does. You should re-train Logics 101.   Here: http://ethicalrealism.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/logical-validity-counterexamples/ Happy to oblige.
It's complicated, obviously. If Apple starts refusing updates to their apps that do not have (insert feature not supported, such as iPhone 5 screen size), they're forcing you to add workhours to your  bugfixing time, or stop updating your apps, or release them under a new name, "My App 2" or whatever... but Apple's position is also quite logical and good for users in the long run. The only ridiculous position is the one from users who feel somehow like Gazoobee earlier...
I love how some people here go "developers have had enough time" and "I hate hen devs abandon apps". Go f*** yourselves, guys. Developers aren't working for free, and just as you guys go "Apple has no reason integrating Siri in iPhone 4", well neither have developers adding features in an app you already bought. Tough life suckers.
Well, anyone that Microsoft sides with is automatically evil, everyone on this board knows that
@richl: and Unity should die a horrible death. Please.
It's actually a matter of an American failing to understand that non-American countries can actually have differeing principles, that are just as morally valid. Particularly true when the case concerns publicly funded research against corporate funded research...     Then again, in "War of the Worlds", a "very good" movie, the enemies of America include "Europe". Whatever.
"Uses". Listing it after a company fails to adequately protect it is already a very different ballgame. Worse, the big issue is that the "hacker" did NOT publish the list of users. AT&T did. He just repeated it under a different form.   I cannot understand why his lawyer did not get him off.
If AT&T did not care to react to his warning, yes he had to. That's how security works, sadly, due to lazy big corporations.
And? Shows that Apple is proactive on fixing bugs and security holes... Apple moving towards a strategy more similar to Linux's than to Microsoft's seems a very, very good thing to me.   Or you'd rather have like one security patch a decade?