or Connect

Posts by lightknight

"Siri, please use a proper search engine to solve my query" "Sorry, I cannot do that Dave. You shouldn't relapse into Google tools." "But... they work." "Whether or not they work is not the point, Dave. It's a matter of honor."
  If they deactivate my iPhone, I'll personally bug report on them.
        People before: you can also choose to not read. That's what I was told when i complained about the cheap-ass articles about "special prices on Apple gear".     NormM: adjusted for inflation, the most profitable company ever is still the VOC, otherwise known as "the dutch east india company". I'll admit it is an edge case.
Companies operate under different rules than individuals, and they're more likely to be targeted by evildoers to steal business information or plain money(not that botnets or other types of wrongdoing would pass on non-business, not my point ;) )
You're talking of HD Moore here. He doesn't need attention, he's already a security rock star. It's like saying Apple needs to ask Samsung for design cues. If the guys from Metasploit, who are quite obviously WAY better than anyone on these forums, think there is an issue, I believe them. How critical it actually is, is for Apple to decide. Instead of personal attacks on the probity of the hackers, it could have been said that the security mindset may make people put more...
I see your point indeed! Thanks for the clear explanation ^^
Adobe's Flash player also has a "stats for nerds" menu item. Humor's not incompatible with software. What's annoying is humor replacing features, but in Adobe's case... well whatever.
I find Apple's solution actually better on that. In many languages, the end of the sentence can massively modify the meaning. "What ruler was exiled in Saint-helena and died there?" is Napoleon. "What ruler was exiled in Saint-Helena and returned after seven years?" is the king of Zulu...
French accent in that video, for sure ^^'