or Connect

Posts by lightknight

That's frightening...
Let me rewrite that to see if I understand. You redefine geeks to be trash. Then you say that the respectable people that others call "geeks" aren't geeks, but "smart people". Then you say that the trash people you renamed as geeks are not worthy of your respect.   Okaaaay.   The rest of the world calls smart, intelligent people with a passion "geeks", and especially computer geeks (but there also are "chemistry geeks" or "literacy geeks", equally worthy of respect)....
The day I reach 1000 posts, that's the quote I want under my name...   Apart from that, I have a question that you people might know the answer to. My lady needs to have some database for her Doctorate in which she'll input objects (with fields such as "probably made under such or such King" or "was written about in such and such book"). She runs an iMac which has Windows and ML and an EEEpc which has Windows Professional.   I've made her a MySQL database with OpenOffice...
Thank you for the hard data and the intelligent analysis :D
Anyway, I'm not going to go on fighting that forum war.   I, personally, based on my own experience, as well as data that even is available in part on AppleInsider, believe that geek users are more likely to use bought software, such as MacRabbit's Espresso or Apple's iWork than the general public. The general public, moreover, is more likely to run Microsoft Windows than Linux or Mac, in my opinion and as widely available data proves.   If you believe that my...
Also, Windows users are known (see this same forum for articles dating back to this year) as much more likely to pirate. Geeks are much more likely to run UNIX than Windows, and the best looking UNIX is Mac, which makes them likely to run a Mac.   Don't you see an obvious link?
Sounds like the voice of reason :p
 Most definitely is. Even people who can't for the life of them install a HP printer which only requires a CD-backed driver install run pirated software... Type "name of software + pirate bay", in Google, click link, get told you need "bittorrent", search that in google, install that. From then on, it's just a matter of the first two steps (Type "name of software + pirate bay", in Google, click link). Install downloaded software the same way you install the normal...
Care to justify that sentence? I believe that what I wrote is pretty much backed of, if not by Apple-provided numbers, at least by enough life-experience to be worth at least a bit more than 4 words in response, TS...   As I've said, in my personnal, but non-entirely-negligible life experience, pirates are the general public, that doesn't have a stake (working in that field) or a moral ground (being passionate about software) in computing. It sounds perfectly logical...
If you think that, with regards to the public at large, that's enough, you sorely misunderstand who normal people are. I'll even go further, good luck running your own software if A -you need to jailbreak your computer and B- it's as hard to jailbreak as iOS 6 is. Not to mention that Apple's possible plans of making their own chips would make that even harder.   Can't wait to see how that argument works out for you, when you try to jailbreak your iMac. Oh, wait, I...