or Connect

Posts by lightknight

Sounds like the voice of reason :p
 Most definitely is. Even people who can't for the life of them install a HP printer which only requires a CD-backed driver install run pirated software... Type "name of software + pirate bay", in Google, click link, get told you need "bittorrent", search that in google, install that. From then on, it's just a matter of the first two steps (Type "name of software + pirate bay", in Google, click link). Install downloaded software the same way you install the normal...
Care to justify that sentence? I believe that what I wrote is pretty much backed of, if not by Apple-provided numbers, at least by enough life-experience to be worth at least a bit more than 4 words in response, TS...   As I've said, in my personnal, but non-entirely-negligible life experience, pirates are the general public, that doesn't have a stake (working in that field) or a moral ground (being passionate about software) in computing. It sounds perfectly logical...
If you think that, with regards to the public at large, that's enough, you sorely misunderstand who normal people are. I'll even go further, good luck running your own software if A -you need to jailbreak your computer and B- it's as hard to jailbreak as iOS 6 is. Not to mention that Apple's possible plans of making their own chips would make that even harder.   Can't wait to see how that argument works out for you, when you try to jailbreak your iMac. Oh, wait, I...
Might shock you to find out that most geeks actually run Apple software on Apple hardware, or legal Visual Studio on Dells. I live in three countries and work with a lot of them geeks. Also, just look at any big geek conference, at the hardware they use. I run MBA/iMac/MBP, most of my friends have the same type of hardware. I don't have one single piece of illegal software, nor do they.   Most un-geeks I know however run illegal software. Some don't even understand the...
I agree entirely with these two latter points. As for the first one, I've had several websites demand Java recently, two of which required (and shipped by mail) a piece of hardware, and two others being government.   All in all, I'm very curious to see how this is going to turn out. It is, after all, a matter of civil rights much more important than the right to carry guns, whether or not people can run whatever they want on their devices, which contain their...
The public doesn't care or gets what you just wrote.The public wants free pirated Office and if the public cannot get it, it wants free OpenOffice, which means Java. Your anti-javaness just proves you don't understand what you are speaking about. Java is a great technology, it just needs better security updates.   Also, Apple/Microsoft has a very clear business interest in "protecting" the user from Java, with its Apple/Microsoft AppStore. Apple currently requires you...
Provided Microsoft's brand survives those years. That's far from obvious given how pervasive Android+iPad are.
Fixed.
AnalystInsider, or AnalystAnalyst?