or Connect

Posts by appleempl

I worked in QA on the Mac side for 20 years (retired now), and I noticed the drop in quality occur when QA team's size were reduced and more automation testing was implemented over manual testing. I'm talking about specifically Mac OS and Mac hardware. Actually that started under Steve Jobs watch, but has continued since Cook took the helm.
Jeez at the rate AAPL is rising, they'll hit 135 next week. I'm going with my own 160 price one year out or even earlier like around Christmas '15. 200/shr in two years if all goes pretty well at Apple and in the global economy.
Good to hear Apple is coming to their senses. Many of us QA guys at Apple in the early 90's used to smoke it on weekend work days, and sometimes you could smell it lingering in the bathrooms in the Mariani One building. Oh, the good old days. Some guys would say it helped them find more bugs, Didn't do the same for me, I just got scared a manager would catch on (paranoid) :-)
I'll chime in as a new iPhone user. I never owned an iPhone before 6 came out. I had a Sony flip phone which I liked a lot, and it got me out of answering texts and emails when not at work. (it was an excuse to keep me from getting tied down to work in off hours basically). Then I got a Palm HP Veer after retiring, and I loved it, and I had a touchpad too. I loved the Palm OS and webOS, especially for the elegant interface and the easy to access settings in menus, and the...
I sure hope iPhones do not have a government backdoor built-in. Luckily I have nothing to hide. But, if I found out that Americans were being spied en masse and I could expose that to the world, and possibly end the spying, then I would do exactly the same as Snowden. He's a hero in my eyes and in the eyes of many Americans. Nobody want the government listening in on your calls and checking your emails.
Samsung's designs aren't bad, they still look like iPhones for the most part though. The thing that sucks is that they run android. I find android to be a cumbersome and clumsy interface. Its user experience lacks elegance and is harder to navigate than iOS.
I used to work in software and Hardware QA departments at Apple for many years, There's aren't enough testers to cover everything. But it wasn't always that way. There used to be more testers per project, with lots of contractors hired when needed, and much more impromptu testing and manual testing. Unfortunately after 2000 a lot of the groups were made smaller and each tester was in charge of a lot more work. I think I worked from 10 to 15 hours a day on average including...
I bought the 16GB 6 Plus and filled in up with a few apps and about 600 songs. That was the first day I owned it and it gave low or no space warnings. I did own an iPhone before so I had no idea the 16'ers filled up that quickly. I tried to originally upgrade in by 14 day period, but there were no phones in Plus size. I have to live without many songs loaded on it basically. But it did irk me a few times that I couldn't take a photo or video. I'm in on the suit, if it flies.
I heard the movie sucked from a couple of friends, I wouldn't waste the bandwidth. I too hope The Interview is not talked about any more.
If I could pre-order it now, I would. I've seen enough of the features in the original product rollout event video.