or Connect

Posts by Rabbit_Coach

Hmmm, it's just that I actually do not have an opposing opignion to what you are stating. I just extrapolate from the picture given by AI (landscape only) and the info accessible on the SI webpage design and come to the conclusion, that design and quality are of a standard, where usually nobody should make a big fuss. The Idea of having a landscape only digital magazine needs to be a desicion made by the graphic designer which I do respect without question.
I get your point. The Nissan is for many people (count me in) over blown. But that's the nice thing, you don't have to click on it, and it shouldn't disturb you any further. And then again, some people might be impressed by the looks of the nissan ad, and that's all it needs for a successfull advertiement. So everybody ought to be happy, I guess....
Finally some sound point of view.
But then again in conventional print media, people used to flip the page if there is too much advertisement, or they tend to simply overlook them. I am still convinced, that well done ad's can improve the overall user experience of a digital magazine. And I am sure the way apple plans this to do will finally work out. Right now we simply witness the struggle of child birth. This is a process that takes more than a couple of weeks. It's a whole revolution.
He get's payed by google.
Sorry I was thinking you were sarcastic. Sure one has to be careful with personal data but the 3rd party access to the address book is important to give their apps some useful functionality and not to spy on you. BTW data protection at apple is a big issue. I think it's pretty difficult to slip in an application that effectively is able to spy on your address book and send any information gathered back to the app producer. Isn't this completely against the SDK guidelines?
Mmmmhm exactly and each time before I plug my computer to the net, I perform a full secure hard disc reformatting.
So you better stay away from the US and a number of other countries. At the immigration office they do this kind of thing regularly since years. And at least during the Bush administration, I certainly would have trusted apple a godzillion times more. Still I didn't mind to pas by.
With the hurry up part I completely agree. The marketing strategy however I think apples clear cut pricing system has worked out pretty well with iTunes music download service. Probably most producers saw an incline in revenue once they agreed to apples terms, and got their music uploaded. A pretty example how everybody may have some benefit.
As far as I could follow this process, in average they both are equally responsible for the hold up. Apple as I can understand want's to have a share of the revenue and want's to maximize the revenue which is understandable as well. Since this kind of electronic magazine subscription is pretty new apple will not want to scare away possible subscribers with to high prices to start with. With moderate pricing they will reach a wider audience willing to pay rather than to...