or Connect

Posts by 0yvind

If you had even bothered to read the Bible you'd know that Jesus didn't say One word against homosexuality.You could be refering to the Old Testament - but according to that slavery is OK, so maybe you want Arizona to re-introduce that as well? Don't even start me on all the things the Bible calls an abomination: Eating shrimps and other kinds of shell fish, eating pork, letting women talk in congregations... If we were to live by the Bible word-by-word the society would...
  And don't forget: StatCounter only counts iPhones as iOS in mobile OSes. The iPad is counted separatly and put in with the desktop OSes (as "iOS" there as well). So the total iOS user count is actually better than the graph in StatCounter shows.   Another thing with StatC: They don't weigh the countries, just put in the results for all of, let's say, Europe. But they have extremely high count of nodes in a country like Turkey (with low iOS adoption) and relatively few...
Well, the numbers say it all.  If any android fan is telling you the iPad is only for play, tell him/her that Google Play has 20% of its income from non gamers while iOS has 30%. For myself I use the iPad for lots of work - things that I had to use a laptop for before. Writing articles, making music, doing interviews, you name it.    
Of course it's the Mac Pro but don't say it loud. We wouldn't want to spoil the surprise, would we?    
For developers, it obvouosly has a lot to say whether people use their devices or not. So surveys like these are important, even more so because of all the analytic firms projecting sales/shipping out of the blue without real numbers from other firms than Apple and Nokia. I would however be a bit careful before I buy these latest web use numbers as representative of the whole of the US. It's based on 10 websites, incuding Linkedin, which I'd say cater to the more educated...
By Hellacool:     Worldwide smarphone OS usage tells another story. If the majority of Androids were high-end phones, wouldn't that show on the internet usage statistics? 
I shure hope the poor soul who bought the 0.4 iPad got a refund! (Update: Ooops, Shunnabunich beat me to it!)
I know, most users without problems don't write to forums. Just wanted to say that here in Oslo I downloaded iTunes + Lion update separately, then some two hours later downloaded iOS 5 during less than 4 minutes. The backup, update, restore of my iPad1 took 1 1/2 hours using my 3 years old MacBook Aluminium. I used my home wifi network connected to a time capsule connected to the cable network (20 Mbits/sec). (It wasn't boring, I was reading a book while the process went...
Not so accurate, because every android device is counted as a "smartphone", even the tablets and half-tablets (Streak etc). Only with apple, they peel away those from the numbers.
I read that Mordor, sorry, Murdoch is offering MySpace for 450 mill, wouldn't that have been a nice purchase for Apple? With all the bands and musicians, shurely a nice add-on for iTunes? With an Apple-fuelled UI upgrade that might turn into a fun and useful place to go again...