or Connect

Posts by 0yvind

They do not - the figures everybody quote are from the second quarter 2010, before the iPhone4 was launced. The next quarterly reports will include the iP4 along with the D-X, D-2 and others, so let's wait and see till then.I can see that the iOS may be surpassed globally (in total market share) by Android in the future, but it hasn't happend yet, not by a long shot. Don't think the Galaxy Tab will be a mega success either, not with a price almost twice that of the iPad...
In monthly sales (second quarter) maybe, but not in total market share or web use.
You all seem to take these numbers as a fact altough they may be lies. If this firm excludes the iPad but includes them for Apples competitors (type Archos, Dell streak etc) the numbers are skewed. It's like presenting a political poll where you include Native Americans if they vote Republican but not if they're Democrats. How can numbers like these be taken seriously.
And still we haven't got them in Norway or Scandinavia (except for the vacation shoppers). Also 3 weeks waiting time for iPhone 4 on Apple Store (5 weeks if you buy it through Telenor, the biggest cell network).
Not exactly Microsoft-like... If what you say about WebOS is the case - it sounds to me more like the old "OpenDoc" philosophy that Apple was working on in the mid-90's. Document-centric, not app-centric. Anyone remember "Cyberdog" the Apple browser? Would be exciting to know what Daniel Eran D thinks about this...
The international rollouts have NOT been completeted. We still can't buy them in Scandinavia (I see lots of Norwegians have them on cafes or trains, but they've bought them abroad). I tried when in France in June but it was a ten days wait then. Someone at the Apple store in London told a friend of mine they would start selling them in Norway in September. So still haven't got mine (would very much prefer a 7" one though)...
> Apple, 1 company, 2 handsets, 120,000 units per day > Google, 10 OEMs, 50 handsets, 160,000 units per day "Activation" is not the same as "new sales", right? When you buy a second-hand phone it has to be "activated" again, no? So with all these "buy one, get one" deals on Android, plus considering the frequent OS updates tempting eager Droiders to buy new handsets once or twice a year, I'd guess that a big % of the Google activations would be second- or third hand...
Making a hardware controller with bluetooth or a cable to the dock connector sholdn't be rocket science I think...
I guess the iOS percentage doesn't include the iPod Touch or iPad (not even the 3G version), so if they were taken into account the map would look a bit different...
Also note that this is strictly a US survey (altough it doesn't say so expressly in he heading). Wonder what results they'd get if they asked overseas users who don't have the AT&T network.