or Connect

Posts by sammi jo

I don't see problems arising from such legal "redefinitions of marriage", purely on account of credibility. No politician or group in the United States is going to sponsor or lend support towards any measure legalizing marriage between a person and an animal, a person and an inanimate object, a person and a child, or a person and multiple spouses. Of course there's always the chance that someone will give it a shot, perhaps as a publicity stunt or similar, but I cannot...
Well, d'uh... of course he did. He was fortunate there's a word similar to "accident" which fitted the context.  Perry was clearly in damage control mode.
 Political positioning is a relative as well as absolute quality. We do have a spread of opinion here in the US, but the entire X-axis spectrum is offset considerably to the right of every other industrialized nation on Earth. Our "liberals" are everywhere else's centrists. A good test is HERE. It's not just about the X-axis "left and right", but also the Y-axis 'libertarian vs authoritarian". Take a look at the positions of every US Senator n this site... even the...
Most streaming services violate copyright and intellectual property laws, just because they can - they all know they'll get away with it. Who polices these laws on behalf of regular artists? Nobody.   Grooveshark, Spotify.... You name 'em, they're all a bunch of pirates. For those 99% of artists who are not celebrities, or have a multi-decade career behind them, how do smaller acts and individuals fight for their rights and money? Who's going to sue, for example, Sony,...
According to Rick Perry, the mass shooting was "an accident". (!) Does he think that the gun went off 9 or more times, in quick succession, as a result of mechanical failure? Or what?   Uh, Trumptman - can you justify or explain Perry's statement? I'm struggling with it, kind of....  (!)
 How do we do both the following two things at the same time? 1. Keeling guns away from criminals, terrorists, unstable people (like this kid), and folks who are clearly unqualified to handle a firearm. I am sure that regardless of one's position on guns, most of us don't want to see more thugs and crazies armed to the teeth, at loose in society.....   while 2. Maintaining the integrity of the Second Amendment, and the people's right to bear arms. No government dares mess...
 My apologies - I misinterpreted your response. This is potentially a very gnarly problem. Saudi is definitely considered an ally - when King Abdullah died recently, a huge klatch of top US officials flew there to attend his funeral, including President Obama.... who must have been abundantly aware of the contents of those notorious 28 pages in the 2001 Joint Congressional Inquiry into 9/11. It was the common perception, right from the morning of the attack, that Osama bin...
Thanks for the replies to my points. I haven't had much of a chance to respond as I have been away for a week or so. Quote: However - that mandates a response; I shall try to exclude expletives in the process. I have a hard time even reading that part of your reply. What you said I find simultaneously enraging, and outrageous. Here, we have probably the most damning and hardcore evidence as to the nationality, status - and - speculatively - possibly even the identities of...
I tried anther approach - by linking to where senior US military officials are saying that climate change (global warming, redistribution of rainfall patterns, increased likelihood of severe storms, sea-level rises, water shortages, droughts, resource conflicts etc etc) constitute one of the US greatest national security challenges. See an example here.... But...  I guess they're all part of that massive leftwing, anti-fossil-fuel conspiracy as well.....