or Connect

Posts by sammi jo

I was never expecting any 'hope' and 'change' from the current occupant. It is probable that he was given boundaries when his team moved into the White House - ie, you can do this, you can make modifications to that, but some things are off limits.   My previous entry regarding conservatives' attitude towards Obama's proposed venture was perhaps premature.... looks like there are a lot of people on the right of the political spectrum who are up in arms about this - and...
  The illogical, "shoot yourself in the foot" aspect of this is glaring. Assad and the Syrian military for the most part clearly have had the upper hand over the rebel groups, yet Assad "chooses to use chemical weapons" - not only a militarily unnecessary move, but an insane one, knowing full well that this is a most convenient "catalyzing incident" for the US/neocon group which is after regime change in Syria. (!)   The claim that the Syrian military has used chemical...
Oh jeez, not the race card again...  Obama is clearly a weak, ineffectual, "go where the wind blows" president. He is not his own man, just like every president since 1963. Obama is yet another spokesperson for the ruling élite, and those who profit from war. The last real president this country had, despite all his faults and foibles, was JFK. He broke the rule, and paid for it.
  Chemical weapons are a big "no no"... and people who use them are automatically assigned a status of "lower than child molester", pulling on the emotional response of the public. The big issue in Syria, isn't so much whether chemical weapons were used, but who has been using them?   The Obama Administration and its propaganda has been given carte blanche by the war-loving corporate media  - not forgetting that their parent companies tend to profit from war, so thats...
    "The Jews" did what? What Jews? Evidence?...or are you stamping your feet again like a bratty little boy?     "Islammi jo": You wear your true colors on your shoulder with that phrase - another 3rd grade (at best), infantile, ad hominem. Just because I don't share your extreme paranoia and hatred doesn't mean to say that I harbor alternative hatreds; I have no hatred for anyone on any grounds, be it religious, racial, sexual orientation or whatever. Just because I...
  I barely contribute these days; P.O. used to be a great board, but now we have threads like "miscellaneous news" etc, in which the unwieldy, mixed-bag nature of the thread makes it impractical to carry out a coherent argument re. any one of so many subjects which get all lumped in together. Many threads quickly go off topic or get hijacked, and many of the people who used to come here, who had a bunch of interesting things to say, from all over the political spectrum...
Most of the shit that goes on in this terminally fucked-up world is about free-flowing testosterone in the bodies of men who lack the awareness, or the "material upstairs" to either control themselves, or behave in a manner that can be described as "civilized".
  Our inbred, inherited sense of entitlement (and duplicity) will prevent many people from seeing the irony. 
  The glaring standout in all these cases remains that of OJ Simpson of course. The evidence against him, of at least playing a part in that double murder (from anything from accessory before/after the fact to actually doing the killing) was there. (In later years, an anomaly in the evidence cast some doubt). But the difference there, is that OJ Simpson (who is black) was a wealthy man. His financial standing allowed him to buy the verdict in the criminal case, via the...
  So, a thought experiment: How would people react if the outcome of this case had been inverted - given the same circumstances (dark, rainy night, no first hand close witnesses etc) - ie Zimmerman had been killed, and Martin was still alive?   "SECURITY GUARD GUNNED DOWN AT WORK"  would scream the headlines in the media. Public outrage, people baying for the death penalty for the thug who murdered a man doing his job. Only one possible verdict given people's inbuilt and...